JLT Performance

Ky GT500

Established Member
Big Thank You to JLT Performance and Jay Tucker!!! Got the new pieces put on and ready for the shows.
image.jpeg
image.jpg

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks awesome. JLT rocks. They did all my interior in hydro dipped. They are the best to deal with. Can't say enough about Lisa. Major props. Do not hesitate to buy/use them.

venom279

Established Member
Is there ANYTHING a guy can do to prevent the screen mesh on the JLT 123 filter from rubbing and tearing? I want to get a new filter for mine, but I can see due to a slight alignment issue that when the car is on the road and experiencing vibrations, the filter is bobbing up and down and tearing the mesh. I thought about gluing a small piece of rubber to the metal in the engine bay where the mesh is rubbing.

Thanks..

Ky GT500

Established Member
Is there ANYTHING a guy can do to prevent the screen mesh on the JLT 123 filter from rubbing and tearing? I want to get a new filter for mine, but I can see due to a slight alignment issue that when the car is on the road and experiencing vibrations, the filter is bobbing up and down and tearing the mesh. I thought about gluing a small piece of rubber to the metal in the engine bay where the mesh is rubbing.

Thanks..

Where is it rubbing?? I had a tab that I bent down and under as when I put the OS elbow on, it pushed stuff down a little further. Just looked at the filter I just took off, other than being dirty, no tears to the screen. I've been running this filter for two years or so.

image.jpeg

venom279

Established Member
Yes, I believe it is rubbing on the same tab. Like where the sheet metal was punch pressed out. What kind of a tool did you use to bend it with?

Thanks

Ky GT500

Established Member
Mine was just a small tab with a hole in it, I just used my fingers and rolled it under, out of the way.

Ky GT500

Established Member
This,,,, where the hood release cable attached,, I just moved the clip to another hole just above it. image.jpeg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Never going to perfectly match the stripes unless JLT went with vinyl, they look painted.
Not a big deal to me as its under the hood.
-J

Ky GT500

Established Member
True, stripes are painted, but most peeps don't catch that. Color match is dead on.

Fender and corner of cover.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread