JLT Cod Air Intake Dragstrip Results.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Predator cars a fairly sensitive to IAT, and they heat soak pretty badly in stock form.
I will say after doing the track attack drag strip session that the cars didn’t lose any MPH. I did 9 passes and we shut the cars off maybe 1 or 2 times. The IAT’s were in the 120-160 range on every pass when I started the runs. The car trapped 125-126 in the left lane and 132-134 in the left lane. My best ET was 11.7 and slowest was 12.1, left land was pretty slick right at the 1-2 shift area and kill power. It was 77-80 degrees out. I was very surprised how consistent the MPH was.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Worth a shot man. Here’s my best pass. Fully stock other than the lid and guard being off.
Well done! Any car to be ‘fast’ to me has to back half 30mph or higher. My current 1100rwhp ‘14 GT500 has back halved 40mph. This also indicates that you can improve launch/60’ but the back half is like 60-130 Dragy and will indicate how fast it feels on the open road.
-J

BOD89LX

Established Member
Second this. I’d like to always run the tray out and I’d assume I’ll just lay a towel on engine when I wash.
-J
I have been putting mine back in and putting a towel over the radiator , and I also covered the JLT when I had it on the car.

Saleenrose

Established Member
No, I have not ever put back on, not really a car I drive every day, but it has been washed several times. Have you never washed engine? if water happens to get down spark plug holes would be my only fear. I drove across country during a hurricane, I am sure water got in, no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread