JLT Cai and Lund tune

mathkk

Established Member
Anyone have the jlt cai and the Lund tune? Wanting to hear some ins and outs on this

mathkk

Established Member
I'm assuming o/r is off road. How do you get it to pass inspections or are you only o/r your car?

Elnrownr

4.slow
Established Member
The tube from the intake manifold to the jlt tube always pops out of the jlt intake

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
Lund Racing is one of the best tuners for Mustangs.

JLT is also a great choice for intake.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I was seeing 30 rwhp. Don't know how true that is. I would like to know 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time with the set up compared to factory
Eh 30hp on a CAI and Tune is stretching it..more like 15HP..People adding this and a full exhaust see 30-40hp gains

mathkk

Established Member
Eh 30hp on a CAI and Tune is stretching it..more like 15HP..People adding this and a full exhaust see 30-40hp gains

That's not much considering the warranty issue if anything were to happen

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I haven't done anything to my car yet, but I can tell you that with "just" a CAI and a tune, most of the increases will be seen because of the tune.

Ford historically leaves some low rpm torque on the table. With previous gen cars, especially the 4v 5.0, I've seen gains of 60+ lbft of torque at 2000-3000 rpm. This is where the fun is for street driving. You won't see much in the way of peak numbers in power or a noticeable reduction in ET.

A CAI isn't so much a cold air intake, but "more air" intake. Of you make the motor able to take air in better / at higher volume, you have to improve the entire air streams to see improvements. Usually this means intake and exhaust. Sometimes cams, etc..

CAI got really popular early on because the look much better than the stock air box on many cars. Even though there was no performance gain, people would add them for appearance.

I've spent some time in Jay's shop a few years ago. I saw behind the curtain, and I like what they do. If I were going to buy today, I would get something from him. Just be realistic in your expectations and understand the end result.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I modded my 07 GT500 extensively because I new what a replacement motor would cost me and or a tranny .... the two most expensive parts of the system. Ive had go fast cars before and won't mod my GT350 for those two reasons. I'd hate to see what a customer charge Voodoo motor would run

don

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I modded my 07 GT500 extensively because I new what a replacement motor would cost me and or a tranny .... the two most expensive parts of the system. Ive had go fast cars before and won't mod my GT350 for those two reasons. I'd hate to see what a customer charge Voodoo motor would run

don

?

The cost for a GT350 engine is easily in line with that of the engine from the GT500.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
?

The cost for a GT350 engine is easily in line with that of the engine from the GT500.

I can get a used motor from a friend off the GT500 forum who I have been a member for since 2009 for around 8500 .... complete with accesories
I would be surprised if a voodoo motor would be the same for customer pay ...

don

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
You can't compare new and used price points and call that a fair comparison. We all understand that a fully dressed, factory new engine for either car will be expensive. I wouldn't be shocked if a new gt500 motor is over $20k. $10k for the motor, another $8k for the blower... I can easily see anothe $2k for the rest of the dressings. Since the voodoo doesn't have a blower, it likely cheaper, not more.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The 5.8 longblocks were over $25,000 from the dealer. I believe Voodoo assemblies are coming in less than that.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Both my loaded '14 heads (cams, valves, etc) were $3700 EACH, for perspective.
Still, dealer pricing is a different animal and thankfully FRPP (or should I say Ford Performance? FRPP just sounds easier) does sell the heads, block and other big ticket items.
With a NA motor very few failures will take out everything, at least compared to modded forced induction carnage.
I popped pistons 7/8 in my '01 Cobra and that pricing wasn't too bad.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread