Jeep Wrangler??

BlackStang98

CCU
Established Member
Hey All,

Im looking to get a Jeep Wrangler for a daily driver. It will probably be a 93-95 and I was wondering how many miles these cars are good to if there taken care of properly. Also, what are common problems to look for in these cars. Thanks for any help.

Ben 98

Established Member
The wranglers with an I-6 can go forever 200K-300K no problem. Look for sighns of alot of off roading like mud caked underneath. Listen for axle bearing noise from the rearend. Other than that just check for the usual things when shopping for a used vehicle.

Jgruggs

Established Member
Had a 95 Wrangler I bought new. Great vehicle Put 140K on it and only changed out an alternator and had a problem with the stock exhaust manifold. It cracked on me and I bought a Borla Header and installed then no more problem. God , I miss that Jeep , so many good times. Even if the gas milage wasn't that great, due to a little bigger tire I ran on her. Ave. about 12 to the gal.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
They're bullet proof, easy to work on when they do break, cheap to maintain, and with little effort, will run forever.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
A guy in my office just got rid of his Wrangler. He had a long commute, and the thing got amazingly bad fuel mileage. He said he was lucky to manage 14mpg in mixed driving. :eek:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Buy one with a dana 44 rear axle, not the tiny dana 35 that looks like a cantaloupe. I would look for a 97-99 jeep wrangler sahara, they came with the d44 and the coil spring suspension rides waaay better than a shit leaf spring yj.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Leaf springs and square headlights FTL!!! Get a TJ!!! Headers crack, motors shit the bed if they aren't maintained.

Jeep086a.jpg

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Yes the little 4.0 will run forever. But I always heard that on some of the older used ones that you have to check for signs of rust if they have the soft top. I was told that a lot of them leak ever so slightly over a period of time. I could be wrong though.

One a side note, my Uncle has had one for a couple of years and swears by the thing. Says it is the best vehicle he has ever owned.

Wintermute

Banned
If you arent offroading or doing a lot of highway, id actually recommend a 99ish 4banger TJ. They are pretty torquey and you'll save gas. Just dont forget the thing is a brick so strong winds on a highway mean youll be lucky to break 140km/h downhill.

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
LOL. I knew I was going to get flamed for that one. I have wheeled with a couple of jeeps before and have pulled them out on more than one occasion. Then proceeded to climb up what they couldn't.

GodStang

Established Member
I have owned a Toyota 4x4, a couple F-150s, Charokee and Wrangler all different off road vechicles. The Toyota was the biggest joke. The Wrangler is great off road BUT NOT A DD. They leak more than anything you will ever own, they break stuff like crazy and mid 90s to now are horrible off road. We put a bigger engine in our Wrangler, Ford Expedition 8.8 Rock crawler Tranny, and tons of other stuff. We only replace stuff as it broke and it is very expensive to keep running.

DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread