Jeep owners...need advice...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Thinking about trading my Gladiator Overland in on a 392 today...lightly used about 10k under sticker, great options including the sky touch system. They were going way over sticker not long ago...market is finally getting back to reality...should I anticipate even more depreciation?

I LOVE my gladiator...one of the few cars I really feel an emotional connection with...but who doesn't want more power and that sound of the 392? I have feeling all of you will tell me to do it but for those who own jeeps, leaving the gladiator for for the wrangler seems like a step down in some way...i use my bed for all kinds of stuff and I think the looks is much better on the gladiator...the v6 is no slouch either.

Thoughts? Here is a video of the 392 running 12's stock...lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure im going to be the odd one out and say besides chest thumping the 392 in the Wranlger is nothing short of retarded. Want a fast V8 suv, stick with a track hawk.

I'd keep the Gladiator.

I would agree with this IF, and its a big IF -- you could have the Gladiator with the turbo 4.

That 3.6 is a damn turd of a motor in a hefty truck like the Gladiator.

I say go for it, OP.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you ever drove one? Yes they are quick in a straight line that’s for sure. But feel unstable as **** imo. I love jeeps, had quite a few and always thought a V8 wrangler would be my end all, until i drove it.

Kinda gave up on newer jeeps. Last one i was thinking about getting was a 21 wrangler. I was surprised at how shitty the build quality was when it came to the interior. And i never get hung up on that. I also thought the v6 was a complete turd.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

blk02edge

Established Member
I would agree with this IF, and its a big IF -- you could have the Gladiator with the turbo 4.

That 3.6 is a damn turd of a motor in a hefty truck like the Gladiator.

I say go for it, OP.
I could just Google this but... whatever, is it available with the small diesel? That to me would be the perfect setup

IA Shelby

Established Member
My opinion:

F150 Raptor R - fast, 37’ tires, truck bed, holds value. Serious upgrade over gladiator and 392.

Coming from a guy who has a Rubicon Wrangler and a Bronco Raptor on order.

I only got the Bronco Raptor over the Raptor R for two reasons. Too long to fit in my garage and the top isn’t removable. The Bronco Raptor will primarily be kept at my lake house And I wanted to be able to remove the top in the spring thru fall and still be able to off-road when I wanted.

Good luck

blk02edge

Established Member
My opinion:

F150 Raptor R - fast, 37’ tires, truck bed, holds value. Serious upgrade over gladiator and 392.

Coming from a guy who has a Rubicon Wrangler and a Bronco Raptor on order.

I only got the Bronco Raptor over the Raptor R for two reasons. Too long to fit in my garage and the top isn’t removable. The Bronco Raptor will primarily be kept at my lake house And I wanted to be able to remove the top in the spring thru fall and still be able to off-road when I wanted.

Good luck
What are the odds of actually getting a Raptor R though... something tells me OP won't wait that long

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Is the TRX not the solution to all of these problems?
Off road capability
Big power
Truck bed
Strong depreciation
it really is, and why i have one...but i still look at trackhawks daily

OP, i wanted a V8 the entire time i had my 2010 JKU...but even doing it yourself with a used pullout combo is gonna run 15k(but i do think you will recoup some of that when selling, more than other mods anyway)

i wouldn't mind a 392 wrangler, but was ready for something without a solid axle front for a change.

mariusvt

Established Member
I'd just drop the tvs kit out there for the 3.6 on your Gladiator, have the extra ponies plus the config you already clearly enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread