• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Jeep Guys

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Stanley, May 5, 2020.

1. beau t

beau t Active Member Established Member

Sorry lost pic

Attached Files:

2. gimmie11s

gimmie11s Well-Known Member Established Member

I just test drove a new 2020 JL 2 door with the 2.0 turbo and 8 speed auto. HOLY CRAP it moves! Little shit is, dare i say, fast! I super impressed. I want one sooooooooooooo bad!

It rides amazingly well on the street for a "truck".

A set of front sway bar disconnects and i bet this bastard would mule around literally anywhere.

Damn damn damn.

3. HISSMAN

HISSMAN The Great Bearded One Staff Member Super Moderator

Now try out the 2.0 Rubicon with the 4:10 gearing. Thank me later.

[email protected] and venmos1 like this.
  4. gimmie11s

Dude i could only imagine! The little turd i drove had the base model 3.45s.

Rubi is too rich for my blood but there is no doubt in my mind a new Rubicon is the best 4x4 out right now hands down.

I'd like a Willy's sport with the 2.0 and tech package (7" screen). All Willy's have the LSD rear end so it would come with the Dana 44 (m220) vs. the D35 (M200) that base model has.

One of the local dealers has a Willys for $33,500 before fees (sticker is $41k)......... hmmmm.

HISSMAN likes this.
  5. mysteed

mysteed Well-Known Member Established Member

The new JL's are beastly! I want to buy one badly but till then I have to tide myself over with this fella:

91363251_284692525851474_261284500586275372_n.jpg

Lambeau, Dirks9901 and jvandy50 like this.
  6. gimmie11s

That's awesome.

Dirks9901 likes this.
  7. Outlaw99

Outlaw99 Join us. Moderator Premium Member

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  8. gimmie11s

Wheel choice turned out good, those look great....Needs a lift, those 33s look like 40s on that thing!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Outlaw99 likes this.
  9. CobraVenom01

CobraVenom01 Well-Known Member Established Member

I want a gladiator rubicon so bad. In time I’ll have one.

This is an absolutely great thread. I just posted mine up in the truck thread but I’ll post it here as well. Long term project about to be put in to high gear. Going for paint next month hopefully. getting it painted sting grey. When it comes home from there, an LS1 and 4L60E are going in.

18ae81c48d6c8c8ba3b9fed089207f78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stanley, Lambeau, HISSMAN and 3 others like this.
  10. jvandy50

jvandy50 Well-Known Member Established Member

I was wondering why when i switched to 3.73 gearing the price jumped 4-5k lol. They went 10 years without a D35 and brought it back?!

I’d like to drive every engine available, on 37s, just to see how much better it’s gotten since the days of the 3.8/42RLE turd. The lady has a 3.6 grand Cherokee with the 8spd it actually moves...but factory tire/wheel setup

11. gimmie11s

From what ive read there are a few ways to get the rear dana 44 (now called M220) in the new JL. However, no non-rubicon's have a d44 in the front.

--Rubicon. Rubi's have d44's front and back
    --All auto trans JL's regardless of engine choice (other than the rubi) have the Dana 35 (now called M200) in the rear UNLESS you have optioned your JL with the "anti spin rear diff" (limited slip diff or LSD) which is a $595 option for 2020. In other words, adding the LSD to your automatic trans JL gives you the dana 44 in the rear but you still have weak sauce up front lol.
    --Manual trans on any other trim level automatically gives you the d44 in the rear regardless of LSD equipped or not. Unfortunately, manual trans is only available with the gas v6.

If/when i buy one, I plan to buy a 2 door "Sport S" 2.0 turbo (2.0 can only be optioned with automatic) with the tech pack (gives you apple car play and the nice 7" screen) and the LSD rear so i can get the d44.

Yes, ive been down quite the Jeep JL rabbit hole the last few days hahahaha.

HISSMAN likes this.
  12. nxhappy

nxhappy Well-Known Member Established Member

buddy just bought a gladiator .....50 grand LOL .....no ****ing way bro. Ill take a Viper or Vette or basically anything else .....even a Ecoboost F150 for 30k...

13. jvandy50

jvandy50 Well-Known Member Established Member

Lol you are in deep! But all good info though, i wish I’d done that much research before buying my 2010 sport. Ended up with a D30 with 5.13, Aussie locker, inner axle tube sleeves, gussets, diff cover...yeah...and still shit caster. Should’ve saved and bought an aftermarket front axle!

The rear LSD in my d44 worked pretty well for me, couple clicks on the e-brake and you could cheat a little sending traction to both. Broken spider gears in mine caused an Eaton upgrade, or i probably would’ve left it as is.

14. gimmie11s

To me A big part of the fun of a new purchase, is the research.

Truth is, like you point out, none of the factory offerings are going to live with 37’s and heavy wheeling. Just not gonna happen.

That said, a nice set of aired down 33s or 35s and a decent lift will go A LONG way... won’t be many trials you can’t tackle.

I’m no a guy who wants to look cool with giant tires anyway.... big tires and lifts make it drive like ass on the road and MPG goes to shit.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jvandy50 likes this.
  15. mysteed

mysteed Well-Known Member Established Member

My brother from another mother! That LS swap makes the MJ a BEAST.

16. HISSMAN

The willys is a great version of the wrangler. Plus, they really hold their value. People seem to really like that package the the history it represents.

17. HISSMAN

This is exactly what I am going for with mine. 2.5" lift, on 37's. The wheels pictured are even what I have sitting in my cart. Bumpers will be swapped out probably around Christmas for something a little more usable. I have deleted the rear spare for now, and once I swap rear bumpers I will throw the new 37 back on there. But for now, it works.
    2773131b-88f1-4e0d-ae93-41113dd9c51a-jpeg.jpg

Here is what I have going on right now.. All stock except for the steps, mudflaps and spare delete kit.
    017446912000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=ifd-1xwDwasAX9-T85Z&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

18. Outlaw99

Outlaw99 Join us. Moderator Premium Member

I plan to go to maybe 5". right now I have D30 axels. 33's are about as big as you should go on D30s. KyleSVT on here has a TJ with 35s, no lift. Looks sweet. I like my 33s, probable will never go bigger.

gimmie11s likes this.
  19. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

What wheels are those?
    I have a 1994 Cherokee that I want to wheel. Need to drag it to the house once I get some stuff out of the driveway. Looking at the Clayton 6.5" 3-link for that one.
    Probably not going to do much to the Wrangler other than some small stuff since it's going to my daughter.

HISSMAN likes this.
  20. HISSMAN

Stanley likes this.