JDM Long tube headers finally in!!!

cobrabruce

Established Member
What a freakin' battle! Took about 14 hours by myself but no leaks! A big thank you to the Man above for that! It should have taken probably 1 or 2 hours less if it wasn't for my own stubborness. A good example is I did not take SoCalBlk03 at his word and believe that it is impossible to install the starter with tubes 7 & 8 in place. Sorry for doubting you SoCalBlk03, I paid for it :cryying: The biggest PITA for me was removing the top nut on # 7 and getting the top bolt on #5 started. #5 was particularly frustrating as it was relatively open and looked like it should be easy but I could not get the blasted thing started to save my soul. I did an awful lot of this :cuss: by the time I got it started. Anyway, I took a lot of notes and quite a few pictures of the install and hope to put together a nice write up about it in the next few days.

wuplash

Established Member
congrats on getting the headers installed i bet the cobra is really healthy sounding now:-D

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Nothing more satisfying than a job well done, by yourself. NOw you can buy more parts with all the money you saved in labor charges. :beer: :lol:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I have heard that with the JDM LTs, you had to cut into your K-member. Is this true, and if so, any pics?

Thanks.

Trader

Established Member
I am really interested in what yoru dyno numbers are with these headers. They are one of two different types that i am looking to buy.

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Trader
I am really interested in what yoru dyno numbers are with these headers. They are one of two different types that i am looking to buy.

I dynod @ 430rwhp/401rwtq but will redyno next week. Turns out my TB was defective so I'm hoping for a little improvement with my replacement. I never did a baseline so I honestly can't tell you what gains the headers alone gave me. But then again who only swapped the headers and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread