JDM!4.10's,O/R X,Spyder DS,BMR loop,MT DR,Automatic Overflow Reserv,JDM Tune. All In!

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Well....its all in and ready for raceday! But NNOOOOOOOO.....the winter weather is here now ...figures.

I may have an issue with the One Piece Spyder DS hitting the BMR DS safetly loop....it was late last night and will check that out tonight after work. If so...maybe I can just move it over a touch or something. The Mickey Thompson 275-40-17 Drag Radials hook real nice...even on cold roads. And wow is the car loud now! Like my first 03 Cobra.I have the Ford Racing Mufflers...the sound is great at idle and cruising..but alittle crappy sounding when you get on it. I may change the mufflers out or something...The rear is real quiet (the stock Ford gears whined at coast) after JDM did the install of the 4.10's, X pipe, Driveshaft/Loop,Automatic overflow Reservoir mounting on the firewall to stop Fords drip all over the exhaust and trans setup and JDM did the Tune...Job well done! The whole gang there was awesome. Jim Sr., Jim Jr,Craig,Julie,Ryan,Chris and all the others working on my car. They got it all done for me to get it to the track asap. Just wish the weather was cooperating.

EDIT! I did check under the car and no way is the BMR loop interferring...so thats not it. I looked all over the Spyder Shaft too....no signs of anY rubbing on anything. But if it is...the only thing is the plastic automatic shifter support. So all is fine. That will wear down in time..LOL!

EDIT...added video in first post
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczEdgKOduI"]YouTube - HotRodHarrys 2007 Mustang GT FRPP exhaust offroad X[/ame]

Last edited:

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
How do you like the 4.10s, Harry?

And get that thing to a track, asap. I want to see what she runs with those mods. :banana: I bet the Thompson's will help out a lot with hooking up. :thumbsup:

Also, I've heard a car with the Ford Racing Mufflers. I actually liked the sound they produced with the 3V, but I decided to go with something a little bit louder. :lol1:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
The 4.10's are wicked with this setup I have in the car.....big time.

The FRPP round mufflers sounded great on the stock exhaust/h pipe. But with this offroad X pipe....like I said..nice at idle and cruising..but wow...full throttle...I wont hear a Harley next to me at all. Plus it lost its low muslcecar note....but I am sure I will get use to it...like I did on my first 03 Cobra. Hopefully I get to the track asap! Weather is going to be crap here the next couple days. Then tons of salt on the roads I am sure.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Some wacky pics of my mods so far this week...some like to see pics.

mods.jpg

mods1.jpg

mods2.jpg

mods3.jpg

mods4.jpg

mods5.jpg

mods6.jpg

mods7.jpg

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Vid to hear Offroad X pipe and FRPP mufflers of my 2007 Mustang GT with listed mods

Cold start up...windows up..cruising..on it..windows down..on it...warmed up hitting throttle to hear out back

Will put it in Video section too...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczEdgKOduI"]YouTube - HotRodHarrys 2007 Mustang GT FRPP exhaust offroad X[/ame]

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks guys!! No dyno numbers....all tuned on the street and ripping through the gears...lots of data logging and tuning by JDM Engineering. Dyno in time..mainly going for track times with this setup. Cheapest most straight forward way to get down the track. JDM has so many files on his son Jimmy 3's naturally aspirated automatic GT. Dont worry...times will be posted and if and when I get on the dyno..I will post them up. Yes..I have had my other cars and posted dyno's. But the numbers, dyno wise..will be silly to post compared to my other supercharged stangs.

Last edited:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks man.....its fun ripping in this car and sharing my mods and results as time goes on.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Nothing to write home about. Went to Englishtown (Oldbridge) Raceway Park last night and it was more like a Drifting competion than Drag racing...High 30's at night... No matter what pressure I put in the Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials or how long a burn out..or whether I went through the water or not. Didnt matter what rpm I came out at on the converter....even off idle or up to 2100 rpms. 2.09 was the best short time...should be in the 1.70 range... The car spun..big time...I would let off...tranny would hit second hard...all sideways...tranny would hit 3rd...spin for a bit...then get traction and go..but up top the tires would actually be spinning alittle on spots of the track at over 100mph. Even a buddy of mine had his 07 Shelby GT500 that usually turns 11.30's...was in the 12.30's. They should not have even bothered opening the track. I could see if I had street radials....but Drag Radials and ET's to boot. Crazy night. I will wait for a daytime race with some sun on the track.

Best I could muster was a 13.20 at 106mph(105.97)
The car ran flawless once the power could do something on the track....oh well...thats why I didnt post anything...not worth it. She is definitely a 12 second car. Waste of 28 bucks!

96supersnake

Established Member
I am glad to see all the updates on your car and the track times, you def. have a high 12 sec. car , the last time I went out with the mod's I got, I turned a 13.59 @ 101.5. the good weather has got to come, sooner or later.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks buddy! Come on sticky warmer track weather! I can't wait to see how this setup really works and then mod more as I go along.

96supersnake

Established Member
I need more performance but, just stuck in the middle on 4.10, and tune with the gas prices heading toward $4 per gallon. what to do?

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Stock converter still. With my setup and gears, I can get 2100-2200 rpms.with stock gears and just tune, I could get 2400. The converter will be my next mod after I get to the track next time. The car weighed 3454 on the scale. Alittle over half a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread