Japanese beetles

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
In the last 10 months I've noticed that my front yard has become infested with some grey beetle that is about the size of your thumbnail. Sometimes their underside will be pink or red. I don't know what they are, but they're driving me crazy.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by CHeRNoBYL
In the last 10 months I've noticed that my front yard has become infested with some grey beetle that is about the size of your thumbnail. Sometimes their underside will be pink or red. I don't know what they are, but they're driving me crazy.
Aliens you are being invaded, quick give me your Cobra I will keep it safe :D ;-)

BOTLFED98

Established Member
Originally posted by SNK BITN
Whoa they bite!? I was out with my son yesterday and those ladybug things were all over. I ddint get bit once though, neither did my son. :shrug:

O'Neal, how is lil E doin?

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
What we call Japanese Beetles in California look different from what you are describing. These are huge, clumsy dark green beetles that don't bite. They are easily as big as your thumb.

When I was a kid we would tie fishing line to their legs and let them fly off. It didn't take long before the weight of 20 yards of fishing line dragged them down for a crash landing.

I hate the love bugs from Florida.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
What we call Japanese Beetles in California look different from what you are describing. These are huge, clumsy dark green beetles that don't bite. They are easily as big as your thumb.

When I was a kid we would tie fishing line to their legs and let them fly off. It didn't take long before the weight of 20 yards of fishing line dragged them down for a crash landing.

I hate the love bugs from Florida.

yea, same here. those just sound like lady bugs with pms. all you states in the middle are strange:rolling:

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
yea, same here. those just sound like lady bugs with pms. all you states in the middle are strange:rolling:

LMAO that is the funniest thing I read all day hehe, ladybugs with PMS. :lol1:

SNK BITN

Established Member
Originally posted by SohowcomeHottie
LMAO that is the funniest thing I read all day hehe, ladybugs with PMS. :lol1:

Heidi, I read that and though of the ladybuy in Bugs Life, with Dennis Learys voice in :lol:

CraneClan

Injun along at 140
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
I'll trade you all the "Love Bugs" down here in the South for your Japanese Beetles! Did you know the "guts" of these love bugs can eat right through your clear coat and stain the paint underneath! I've got yellow stains all over the front of my snake....

U.M.
"Love Bugs?" What, you mean crabs?:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread