James Snover - SR71 Art

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
James- I bought a few of the Star Wars themed ones for my wife.

This popped up in my feed. Sharing

Attachments

• 36399427-F585-4158-A7C8-D2B880E05120.png
    36399427-F585-4158-A7C8-D2B880E05120.png
    871.9 KB · Views: 195

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome image. But that pilot would have some serious explaining to do, back at the base. "Major, tell me how you confused 80,000 feet of altitude with 8 feet of altitude?"

oldmachguy

Established Member
Apologies if this has already been linked, but here’s a Pratt & Whitney engineer who worked the SR-71 program for 20 years discussing the development and operation of the J58, complete with lots of anecdotes. As a former aerodynamic design engineer at North American in the ‘80s and ‘90s, it’s hard to overstate how brilliant and over the top the engineering was that made the SR-71 what it was.

(Hope the link works. If not search “Air Zoo The Pratt & Whitney J58”)

PS: Cheers, JS, from one old aero nerd to another. And thanks, Nanner, for the way cool art.

Nanner

Established Member
Premium Member
Apologies if this has already been linked, but here’s a Pratt & Whitney engineer who worked the SR-71 program for 20 years discussing the development and operation of the J58, complete with lots of anecdotes. As a former aerodynamic design engineer at North American in the ‘80s and ‘90s, it’s hard to overstate how brilliant and over the top the engineering was that made the SR-71 what it was.

PS: Cheers, JS, from one old aero nerd to another. And thanks, Nanner, for the way cool art.
I work on water heaters… hahaha. Thank for sharing!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

I've watched that so many times it's stupid. That guy's a rock star in my world.

Users who are viewing this thread