Jaguar XKR-S vs 09 GT500

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Just curious I was on the hwy today and he was behind me, I gunned it and he stayed right on my ass. Thing was fast! What year did they go to? I have 700 RWHP
IMG_4874.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
I would think so it had to be modded as I couldn’t pull away from him. I was going 70 and dropped it in 3rd I’m thinking 4th would have been better in the powerband

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Must agree at 550HP stock he had work done to stay with you. These days I assume if anything from a Jag to a Cadillac CTS or even a small import rolls up to a Shelby on an open highway he is not there to see a show... but to be the show. If I'm in for the playing I always try to stage closest to peak tq. I think 3rd gear with a fast high rpm shift to 4th was the right choice.
Hey.......you kept him behind you :) !

Last edited:

68gtscode

Established Member
I had an 09 GT500, when on 91 made the same hp as yours. For the power, it wasn’t that fast. Those cars are just so big and heavy, without great gearing. I added 4.10s which helped, but it was still slower than a 6R80 coyote I had making similar hp on pump. I don’t know anything about those jags, but they do have 6spd autos. If you started out in the wrong gear and then had to shift, I bet that was enough to give it away.

SCALILOU

Established Member
I believe the 5.0 they use is basically a coyote motor. They even use the Eaton blower as well, 1.9 I think
I had an 09 GT500, when on 91 made the same hp as yours. For the power, it wasn’t that fast. Those cars are just so big and heavy, without great gearing. I added 4.10s which helped, but it was still slower than a 6R80 coyote I had making similar hp on pump. I don’t know anything about those jags, but they do have 6spd autos. If you started out in the wrong gear and then had to shift, I bet that was enough to give it away.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread