Jaguar XE? Anyone?

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Looking around at a few options for my girl and she stubbled on one of these.(link below)
Anyone know much about these cars? 3.0? Reliable, electronic gremlins. Still trying to find a decent jag forum to read up on them.

Definitely a sharp car, I suggested a Lincoln MKZ. We’ve had good luck with the for 2.0 and I don’t like the idea of buying foreign cars.

But let me know thoughts and experiences.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/792279281/overview/?aff=share_text

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Biggest problem is the Jag tax. Everything is so expensive to repair or replace. One headlight is $2000. I will not own one unless covered by warranty. They really discount unsold end of model year inventory though.

Having said all that, a Jaguar is one of the nicest vehicles you can own.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Biggest problem is the Jag tax. Everything is so expensive to repair or replace. One headlight is $2000. I will not own one unless covered by warranty. They really discount unsold end of model year inventory though.

Having said all that, a Jaguar is one of the nicest vehicles you can own.

That’s exactly what I’m afraid of for a daily driver. Simple things like brakes might get ridiculous, even though the car is priced fairly decent.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Headlight on a fst is 2000 , Jag is a very nice car ,probably not that expensive to maintain

Having owned one, a Jaguar is expensive to maintain. Problem is you can’t go down to Autozone and pickup parts. Everything is way expensive at dealer. More so than your Ford dealer.

Not saying it is not worth it. Just have to be prepared for it.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Having owned one, a Jaguar is expensive to maintain. Problem is you can’t go down to Autozone and pickup parts. Everything is way expensive at dealer. More so than your Ford dealer.

Not saying it is not worth it. Just have to be prepared for it.

Online purchases aren’t an option? I’ve noticed on my moms xkr a lot of parts are stamped fomoco.

Going to the dealer for everything would get very old. Closest one is about an hour away.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I know we've sold a few at our dealer and then the finance sells them a maintenance plan that pays us 35 bucks per oil/rot and we eat a ton of money because the filter alone is like 95 bucks our cost. So I know at least basic oil changes are higher than the usual going rate

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Online purchases aren’t an option? I’ve noticed on my moms xkr a lot of parts are stamped fomoco.

Going to the dealer for everything would get very old. Closest one is about an hour away.

That is because the XKR is a FoMoCo era owned product. The newest Jaguar models are all under the Tata conglomerate.

Kind of funny being a British brand but being owned by an Indian company.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
So this is extremely weird to me. The 3.0 v6 is a v8 with the back two slugs filled in. Same crank, just less the rods and pistons. I’m no engineer but this seems like a ghetto build, if you will.

2E34B8B2-4278-471B-9BA0-4A57101C1A62.jpeg

nxhappy

Established Member
jags are super sexy I love them. But they aren't super reliable and the parts/labor can get REAL expensive. if you get one, for SURE get a warranty, either factory or 3rd party.

Users who are viewing this thread