THark88

Established Member
Ok, so I need to get my car on 4 jack stands so I can drop the irs, and put rotors on the front. I did the clutch last week on a lift and used the jack points (pinch welds) but I will not be doing this on a lift.

Since jack stands are "U" shaped I don't believe they can be used at the pinch welds. Should I place 2 jack stands under the factory subframe connectors in the rear, and 2 more jack stands in front of the subframe connectors in the front ?

Advice ? Don't feel like getting squished because I did something wrong here.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
this is why I put subframes in with jacking rails. makes putting a car up on 4 jackstands easy.

shurur

Established Member
I would do the rotors first, one at a time, then drive the front up on ramps to jack the rear end for the IRS work.

I would then double the jack count on the rear for safety.

52merc

Established Member
This is how I jacked the car for my FTBR IRS install. The stands are on the rear of the OE convertible subframe connectors. Just make sure you don't put them right over the hole for the bolts. These are 5 ton stands. I only used 2. The front wheels where still on my wheel dollies. Never had any problems and the car was secure and safe.

Jackstands LR.jpg

It was high enough to clear the IRS out the back under the fuel tank. I used my other 2 wheel dollies with some wood blocks to support the IRS and roll it around. Worked great. Here is a pic of it going back in.
IRS Install LR.jpg

If you jack up the front at the same time you have to go even higher in the back to clear the IRS under the fuel tank. I would do the front rotors at a different time so this wasn't a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread