J2Fab flowmod/customer service help needed

Talleywacker

Established Member
The
its disappointing to hear that J2Fab's products are crap. I had real high hopes for the flow mod and intercooler upgrade.

Anyone have experience with the intercooler upgrade that LFP carries? Wasn't this the same one designed like 14 years ago by Griffin? Might be remembering wrong...

LFP Extreme Intercooler Chiller Core 2003-04 SVT Cobra

I know LFP isn't the best place but AFAIK this is the only other option aside from factory.

It's marginally better than stock. The issue is it has stock line size. So it would need to be flow modded as well.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats hilarious. I’ve had both on the work bench at the same time. How embarrassing for Nations to be compared like that. His over priced junk is not even in the same league.
LoL good to know. I just let it be, others were backing him up.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
Mine is the same. I took a fine file to take out those little nubs. The alignment on mine is the same. At the end of the day the flow mod is restricted by it's location. It's really the best they can do. Nobody will pay more for a flow mod to be 100% CNC. Although that would be pretty cool and perfect nobody will like the money it will cost.

I think the vmp is going to be cnc machined. @MalcolmV8 might know.

cj428mach

Established Member
This sucks! I was interested in his crank support for a 4lbs lower!

That Australian company vmp supposedly ripped off is making a 4lb lower setup like j2fab. I believe theirs bolted to the crank snout bolt where j2fabs bolted to balancer bolts. Not an engineer but the snout bolt sounds better.

gtmustang00

Established Member
That Australian company vmp supposedly ripped off is making a 4lb lower setup like j2fab. I believe theirs bolted to the crank snout bolt where j2fabs bolted to balancer bolts. Not an engineer but the snout bolt sounds better.

Any more info on this?! I'm about to have my crank studded. Will it interfere? I have 4lb lower.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Nice. Do you have a link by chance or the name of the company?

gtmustang00

Established Member
As soon as one comes out from a company with good customer service I'm a buyer. Prefer stock balancer.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thats hilarious. I’ve had both on the work bench at the same time. How embarrassing for Nations to be compared like that. His over priced junk is not even in the same league.

Interesting, thought his was top tier. Have one of the original 200A versions and on my last dyno run dropping voltage up top. Was thinking belt slip but didn't see it in the boost numbers sooooo. MAYBE 3K miles on it. Was thinking about getting one of his new extreme version but not sure I'm too confident in the purchase at the moment.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Interesting, thought his was top tier. Have one of the original 200A versions and on my last dyno run dropping voltage up top. Was thinking belt slip but didn't see it in the boost numbers sooooo. MAYBE 3K miles on it. Was thinking about getting one of his new extreme version but not sure I'm too confident in the purchase at the moment.

So far so good on my 185amp J2 after a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cj428mach

Established Member
Only one I see they offer is for the 5.0 Coyote!

That MFP was supposed to release there's before j2fab mentioned his. I think justin just copied their design. The MFP was first brought up around the time the new whipple 3.0 came out, and I think maybe Whipple was working with them on it.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
That MFP was supposed to release there's before j2fab mentioned his. I think justin just copied their design. The MFP was first brought up around the time the new whipple 3.0 came out, and I think maybe Whipple was working with them on it.
I wonder if it's gonna be released through Whipple here in the states possibly.
Regardless hopefully one of them release it because I would like to have one by the first of the year for my new motor!

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread