J&m or MM Caster Cambers

SilverNotch

Established Member
I'm looking at buying CC plates to fix the alignment on my lowered 01 cobra. I know MM has been around awhile but, the J&M seem well built and are priced well. I'm looking for someone that has experience with both to give me an opinion on them. Is there any difference on adjustment or which would be better for coilovers later down the road?

2001cobravert

Established Member
I installed J&M ones a month ago along with my k-member and coilovers. Good quality pieces. Straight forward installation. I ordered them from AM, missing some hardware but AM quickly resolved that issue.

Never had MM ones though.

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
If you decide to get the J&M's just make sure they're built to handle Coil overs. The MM's I know for a fact are built to handle coil overs.

I've used the MM's, however I bought them used on here for less then 1/2 the price. Work great , a little noisy though but most CC plates make some clunks or noises.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I've bought MM CC plates for two Mustangs now and am well pleased. I don't have any experience w/J&M, but I know the MM plates are designed to be used w/coil overs. I read that the J&M spherical bearing is replaceable, but MM's is guaranteed (I'm sure to the original purchaser).

Also, it looks like the J&Ms may not have as much caster adjustment since it uses double nuts/bolts in the slots.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Well, I ended up buying the J&M after talking to J&m and late model restoration. They both spoke highly of the plates and they are designed for coilovers. After the 7% discount and my 25.00 off giftcard that I won on facebook I got them for 123.79 to my door. I plan on running the 4th bolt so hopefully they explain well where to drill it.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Ok, so i got my caster cambers yesterday and the quality is great! I'm probably going to install them this weekend with a steeda bumpsteer I got from MPS.

SilverNotch

Established Member
uva2yzu8.jpg
I installed them today with my steeda bumpsteer kit. It took exactly an hour start to finish. Was very easy to install but drilling through the thick shock tower for the fourth bolt with dewalt bits was very hard. The decals are t meant for the plates but I trimmed them with a razor and they turned out alright.

Users who are viewing this thread