It's official the Boss 302 is back

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
They will probably start in the 30s. I would think mid 30s for the base regular Boss. The seats and diff will be options (together) that will add some cash.

Any pricing you see is pure speculation, although a Ford corp employee was quoted saying they were looking at $34995 to $49k.

Thats the same thing I read. The LS version is cool, but the back seat is a must for me. So, I'll be going the route of the regular Boss, likely with my only option being the seat upgrade. We'll see what's what when things are finalized later this year. Either way, I'm planning on buying. I just need to sell the cobra first, 3 mustangs is too much (best spoken while running with limp arms).

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
^ What I hear to but like a gt500 but shorter 4.6 long. So should be plenty good. All the rest of the stuff sounds very good.

Ppl remember a old boss 302 did what a hi 14 in the 1/4, it wasn't no rocketship or track car w/o 1,000's of added stuff. I was there. Same w a z28 then, heck I raced a old 70.5 z28 vs my old 69 w 428cj and 3.0 gears and stick we came out tied and then the cops came. I think he had 3.73's and what 370 rated hp w that 350? I had the old m/t dogbones on idk what tires he had.

So history aside I do believe this will be the fastest track mustang as stock ever. I heard 3 sec over a m3 w the v8. Not sure what track though. I know this, my 69 was a death trap compared to the 03 and this new boss will run away and hide from a terminator. Power wise a terminator is easy to make hp. Getting it to the ground and turning w their f/b weight ratio is hard. I'll have a new gt soon prob it will out corner my 03. These new gt's seem to launch like a f body so that is good news. The boss should be better esp on a track. If the laguna seca car is like 45k it's a bargain. If that's your cup of tea. If it increases in value like the old pos boss it's going to be worth a lot more.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
41k? I've been reading mid 30's.

i think he was guessing. those are not the prices. my take is that ford is judging the size of the market and what price the market will bare.

i think they want to avoid dealer mark up as much as possible. there is no doubt that the price gouge hurts FMC image while they dont see any of that added profit. they want to price it right.

i could be wrong, but i think they could sell both versions of the car for under $40k, make a profit and sell all the cars they build. If they find that most of the LS cars won't sell at the dealer for less than $50k, then the price will go up to meet that market.

i know a dealer that has an offer in already at $60k+ for an LS. on the other hand, none of my local dealers had even heard of the car before i inquired about it.

Husker

Established Member
More FYI:

Boss 302

$40,995 = Boss 302 MSRP (inc D & D).

$1,995 = Recaro Seats with Torsen Differential.

$475 = Boss 302 Accessory Package.

$495 = Yellow Blaze TriCoat Paint.

Boss 302 Laguna Seca

$47,990 = Boss 302 Laguna Seca (inc D & D).

Husker

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
yea, thats disappointing. i figured the wait on the pricing was to gauge interest and the market in order to set the price and production to hold down the adm's.

i think this pricing will all but eliminate the adm's, but it also prices me out of the market.

i'll have to wait for a "preowned". with these cars preowned does not always mean used. sometimes they dont get used much at all.

anyway. i will have one by mustang 50th. ive got time yet.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
More FYI:

Boss 302

$40,995 = Boss 302 MSRP (inc D & D).

$1,995 = Recaro Seats with Torsen Differential.

$495 = Yellow Blaze TriCoat Paint.

Boss 302 Laguna Seca

$47,990 = Boss 302 Laguna Seca (inc D & D).

Husker

Husker,
are the price's legit ?

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I wouldn't count on it...

It won't completely, especially for the Laguna Seca. If you think about it though, it will to some extent because the pring with ADM could bery well be more than the prce of a 2011 gt500. Not many guys will pay choose the boss over the Shelby at the same price point.

Users who are viewing this thread