It's official I will be back to work 5/16/2011

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I can finally confirm that I will be working for Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants starting Monday the 16th.:banana::rockon::pepper::dancenana:

Am I excited?
HELL YEAH!:rockon:

I have been out of work since August of 09, having had to quit because of getting too sick and weak as my liver failed. Fortunately after a pretty tough few months and 10 days on life support, I received my liver transplant on 10/10/09.
They thought I would be three months in recovery because of the wiped out condition I was in,(I had gotten pretty near death just prior to the transplant) but once I received the new liver I healed up pretty rapidly and was OUT in 19 days.
I got OKed to go back to work quite a while ago but the Ford/Lincoln parts job openings were nonexistent in Houston following the recession.

A friend of mine has worked for Royal Purple for something like ten years, I've always envied him and thought "How freaking awesome would that be?"
He was a Ford parts guy too and the consummate motorhead but he fit right in and has done very well there.
Recently I talked to him and asked him to keep me in mind if anything came up at Royal Purple that he thought I would be a good fit for.

I am very happy to announce that the fit came in the form of "Jr. Technical Support Engineer". I hope the engineer thing doesn't get too many of our real engineers(I know there are a lot of you) here pissed off since I'm not actually degreed, but it appears that lots of corporations tag many of their positions with the engineer tag if the job is fairly technical in nature.

I will be assisting the automotive customers initially, with questions about the correct product for their application as well as answering any questions about the various products. I'm also looking forward to helping out at the trade shows and what ever else pops up that they would like me to help with.
I've been helping people with car problems and questions most of my life, and now I'm actually going to get paid to do something I absolutely love to do.

So there it is, now I can be officially biased towards Royal Purple Products!(as if I needed any further reasons):-D

It will be great just getting back to work at, but now that it's not just another parts job, it is VERY EXCITING INDEED!

:banana::rockon::pepper:
siteHead.jpg
:banana::rockon::pepper:

This is my friend Jared at in a video SEMA.(2009)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-7Acoo2Wb8"]YouTube - SEMA 2009 Video Coverage: Royal Purple Oil Filters - V8TV[/nomedia]

In another bit of exciting news for me, I will be doing some product testing for Joe Kincaid of the latest Killer Chiller in HPDE/Open Track conditions in summer HOT HOT HOT Texas weather conditions, this will of course be in my mostly street targeted build, 2004 Mystichrome low boost Whipple coupe.

After I get familiar with the product and we get some data for Joe, I may bump the pulley to a 3.25 and see how both cooling systems(I/C and engine) do staying ahead of the heat accumulation.

I would like to also put a Tiger Racing hood on there and test and see how much that helps the engine temps.

There are a lot of fun and exciting things happening in my world right now and I look forward to sharing the excitement and the results with all my SVTP buddies!

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Congrats Jimmy!

That sound right up your alley. :beer:

Hopefully you'll be back on the track soon enough. :burnout:

Coiled03

Established Member
That's a helluva gig to come back to after the trials you've been through. Congratulations!

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
congrats bro. Royal Purple is all I run in my cobra. all the other stuff I own get's valvoline

Royal purple better give you some kickbacks for that Mystic man.

again congrats are well deserved

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Thats great news Jimmy. Congrats!
I have used nothing but Royal Purple oil in my last 3 cars.

Oh and the best place to buy it in Houston is Tommy Vaughn on Shepherd. If you realize another place to buy it for a great price, Let us know!!!

Congrats again!

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Way to go, Jimmy! Good things do happen to good people.

Jim Snover

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Congrats Jimmy!

That sound right up your alley. :beer:

Hopefully you'll be back on the track soon enough. :burnout:

Thanks Ronnie, that's the plan, though some everyday financial realities do still exist, we will be able to do many more fun things now:banana: and not just meet all of our obligations.:bored: I'm very thankful that we could do that, but after laying low and chilling at home so long, it will be fun to BUST OUT!

So when do I get free Royal Purple stuff? :beer:

BTW, Congrats again. :thumbsup:
Thank you! LOL! :-D That's primarily Jared's piece, though I think Travis may have already talked to Jared about testing a few things. I doubt I will be in a position to be doing any comping of product, at least I'm not really expecting that outcome.:beer:

That's a helluva gig to come back to after the trials you've been through. Congratulations!
Thank you! Yes I agree between my illness and then my wife being diagnosed with cancer two weeks after I was out, and that whole fight-treatment-recovery, we are both counting our blessings and saying the appropriate thanks to GOD and doctors both.

Congrats and SWEET JOB BRO
Thank you! It's been a dream of mine for a few years now, that I didn't think was going to happen.:beer:

Congrats Jimmy! Id offer to buy you a beer but........

Ha ha! Thanks! Yes I see you understand about that, I was a big fan of micro brew stouts and porters and certainly miss the taste of a nice cold beer, but there is just no way that I would ever get that stupid to throw away this amazing second chance I've been given.

Last edited:

BlwnSn8k

S/C Whine = Smile on Face
Established Member
Always good to hear someone getting back on their feet. Congrats on the job and glad to hear your health has recovered!

ssssnake

Established Member
That's awesome Jimmy. I'm so happy for you!! Just remember, after you've been through a trial by fire, you will be refined, like gold. And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Congrats Jimmy, that's great news! And I'll let the title thing slide...funny thing is, I'm not a titled engineer anymore and I actually have the degree :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread