It's Official | Bronco Raptor makes 418 Horsepower & 440 lbs-ft of Torque!!!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Me too, I hate the 10r60

Yea, was a bummer to me that the trans would be on borrowed time on the ST with a tune. I trust ZFG knew what he was doing but just didn't like the idea of dailying a SUV with a tune that would be way over the trans torque limit. Especially since it's hard not to launch the ST everytime from a stop.
The R60 was god awful in the 2.3L Explorer I had as a loaner.
Maybe the 3.0 power helped the trans stay in higher gears longer.

Actually the software management needs addressing more than anything. The 10R80 can be wonky. I am sure the 10R60 is just as bad. Or maybe not?

I had an expedition with the R80 that seemed fine to me. My brother has a ranger with it too with no issues yet.
Just odd to me Ford is keeping the R60 in their flagship Bronco on 37s, that may see high abuse offroad from 3% of the people who buy it lol

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Yea, was a bummer to me that the trans would be on borrowed time on the ST with a tune. I trust ZFG knew what he was doing but just didn't like the idea of dailying a SUV with a tune that would be way over the trans torque limit. Especially since it's hard not to launch the ST everytime from a stop.
The R60 was god awful in the 2.3L Explorer I had as a loaner.
Maybe the 3.0 power helped the trans stay in higher gears longer.

I had an expedition with the R80 that seemed fine to me. My brother has a ranger with it too with no issues yet.
Just odd to me Ford is keeping the R60 in their flagship Bronco on 37s, that may see high abuse offroad from 3% of the people who buy it lol
It seems that the issues with these are hit and miss and kind of comes down the the adaptive strategies Ford programs in. Not sure what the strength difference between the 1080 and the 1060 are. I am sure Ford has good reason to go with the 1060 in the Bronco. I wonder if the Ranger Raptor will get the 1060 since it has the same engine, or keep the 1080?

LaserDoc

Established Member
@Bullitt1448, you might not be impressed with the Bronco Raptor, power wise, but trust me, this is great news to the ears/eyes of Bronco fans. They're going to sell well.
You are right on! They are already commanding strong ADM's, any where from 10-50k over. The average, right now is hovering in the 25k range.

Dusten

Established Member
It seems that the issues with these are hit and miss and kind of comes down the the adaptive strategies Ford programs in. Not sure what the strength difference between the 1080 and the 1060 are. I am sure Ford has good reason to go with the 1060 in the Bronco. I wonder if the Ranger Raptor will get the 1060 since it has the same engine, or keep the 1080?

Ford's trans name is it's rating.
10r60 is 600 nm of torque.
So the 10r80 is 200 more.

The 10r110 in the diesel is 1100 nm

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
418 is disappointing. I was expecting 430 minimum but 12 horses isn't too big of a deal. Still bummed that my order fell through but my GT500 order is in and I'm pretty happy about it.

kaz109

Established Member
Needs a V8!!

Pretty underwhelming. The 392 Rubicon makes 470/470. Sorry not impressed with the Bronco. It looks ok but they should have had the 5.0 as an option.
Gonna assume you both are speaking from a pavement princess perspective. It’s clear @Bullitt1448 is…. Or he is just the bench racer/car magazine bragging rights guy.

@Cobra Therapy says needs V8 …. So it should have a 5.0 in it that makes less HP and less TQ but but but it’s ok because Vroom Vroom sounds better. Godzilla motor…. Sure I could by that have u logically thought out the positives and negatives…. Odds are u haven’t

Bullitt1448

Established Member
And the 2.7 is blowing up fairly regularly, Ford has issued a recall. Not what I would want to have have on the street, let alone out in the bush with my brand new truck.hell there a big 4 dr sitting on a used lot here in town, it’s not exactly flying out the door. That in itself says something, someone bought it new and didn’t like it much,

kaz109

Established Member
And the 2.7 is blowing up fairly regularly, Ford has issued a recall. Not what I would want to have have on the street, let alone out in the bush with my brand new truck.hell there a big 4 dr sitting on a used lot here in town, it’s not exactly flying out the door. That in itself says something, someone bought it new and didn’t like it much,
First off what does the 2.7 have to do with a Bronco Raptor?

Secondly The one sitting on the used lot says someone bought it , enjoyed it then sold it because more than likely that dealership offered them the same or more than what they paid for it. The wait the used market has been it’s pretty common. Not sure if you are actually this naive or just keep your head buried in the sand and pull it out just long enough to make asinine post

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
First off what does the 2.7 have to do with a Bronco Raptor?

Secondly The one sitting on the used lot says someone bought it , enjoyed it then sold it because more than likely that dealership offered them the same or more than what they paid for it. The wait the used market has been it’s pretty common. Not sure if you are actually this naive or just keep your head buried in the sand and pull it out just long enough to make asinine post

The 2.7 and 3.0 are from the same engine family. IIRK, the 2.7 line got a batch of bad valves.

An aluminum block 7.3L would make me happy.

kaz109

Established Member
The 2.7 and 3.0 are from the same engine family. IIRK, the 2.7 line got a batch of bad valves.

An aluminum block 7.3L would make me happy.
Same family not the same motor that is in the bronco Raptor and you’re right, I’d love to see a 7.3L in a bronco or F150…. For the F150 though it would need more power and TQ. The 5.0 isn’t even an option

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Gonna assume you both are speaking from a pavement princess perspective. It’s clear @Bullitt1448 is…. Or he is just the bench racer/car magazine bragging rights guy.

@Cobra Therapy says needs V8 …. So it should have a 5.0 in it that makes less HP and less TQ but but but it’s ok because Vroom Vroom sounds better. Godzilla motor…. Sure I could by that have u logically thought out the positives and negatives…. Odds are u haven’t
If you don't like what I said, too dam bad.keep crying Princess

kaz109

Established Member
If you don't like what I said, too dam bad.keep crying Princess
6A717BF3-0AC6-4A1B-9026-C60ACB0123DE.gif

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I posted pics of the Bronco Raptor that was driven down from Dearborn to Carlisle for the show today. (Pics are in Carlisle 2022 thread) Took the driver 8 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread