It's Official! 2020 GT500 Makes 760HP

1560939961252.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., June 19, 2019 – Venomous strike: The all-new 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 will produce 760 horsepower and 625 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful street-legal Ford ever – with the most power- and torque-dense supercharged production V8 engine in the world.

Enough said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the charger more now but liked the challenger more when they first launched.

Gen 1 chargers were soft save the srt8.

I’m not a fan of the base body challenger at all with the v6, but I like the dressier ones and lov the hellcat widebody’s. I think it is very very big for a coupe. The original challenger was sleek from the side, not as much massive weightlifting muscly. The 70 challenger was like a beefy coupe, the 2008 up challenger is like beef molded sorta into a coupe. The charger flows good because the architecture is sedan Mercedes c class
View attachment 1582265 View attachment 1582266
View attachment 1582267

If the challenger had less of a lower slab side look I’d be fine with it. The wide body hides and off sets the slab side a lot

I never really pay attention to the lower trims....

To me, this car looks fantastic, just wish it was 8-9/10ths of its current size all around.

AB4F7EED-5537-4809-A9E2-4896478704FF.jpeg

I never really pay attention to the lower trims....

To me, this car looks fantastic, just wish it was 8-9/10ths of its current size all around.

View attachment 1582270

I completely agree.

I’d take a Gen 6 Camaro sized challenger hellcat widebody with a manual and do my own single turbo setup to crack 1000whp e85 and **** the world with 355’s out back and 335’s up front, whittle it down to 3500lbs, some simple gauges and basically svelte that bitch with full solid mount/track suspension, racing trans rebuild and a great differential. Bolt on some track aero like canards, ducktail, gurney flap, underbody diffuser and so on.

If the 6th gen wasn’t so ****ing ugly, I’d just take a 1LE zl1 and do that to it but I can’t fix that cars looks to my tastes regardless what I do.

I love the performance and driving characteristics of the 6th gen in all forms from base to top tier but the look is too Miata/Hyundai/hipster for me personally. I do like them in black because it hides the most of the weirdness. Again great car though I just can’t do the overal design language personally.

(This post obviously means I absolutely hate all 6th gens and their owners because internet!!!!!!! But honestly I love the platform. I’d get one and do a custom body kit if I knew of a great inexpensive one to try)

If they kept the 5th gen b pillar proportions on the 6th gen and did a decent headlight, **** I’d be jumping ship

I completely agree.

I’d take a Gen 6 Camaro sized challenger hellcat widebody with a manual and do my own single turbo setup to crack 1000whp e85 and **** the world with 355’s out back and 335’s up front, whittle it down to 3500lbs, some simple gauges and basically svelte that bitch with full solid mount/track suspension, racing trans rebuild and a great differential. Bolt on some track aero like canards, ducktail, gurney flap, underbody diffuser and so on.

If the 6th gen wasn’t so ****ing ugly, I’d just take a 1LE zl1 and do that to it but I can’t fix that cars looks to my tastes regardless what I do.

I love the performance and driving characteristics of the 6th gen in all forms from base to top tier but the look is too Miata/Hyundai/hipster for me personally. I do like them in black because it hides the most of the weirdness. Again great car though I just can’t do the overal design language personally.

(This post obviously means I absolutely hate all 6th gens and their owners because internet!!!!!!! But honestly I love the platform. I’d get one and do a custom body kit if I knew of a great inexpensive one to try)

If they kept the 5th gen b pillar proportions on the 6th gen and did a decent headlight, **** I’d be jumping ship

I can definitely agree with you on all, except I do find that the ZL1 and 1LE cars look great to me.

I’d have a hard time deciding between a Hellcat Widebody and a ZL1 1LE.

I can definitely agree with you on all, except I do find that the ZL1 and 1LE cars look great to me.

I’d have a hard time deciding between a Hellcat Widebody and a ZL1 1LE.

I thought really hard about a ZL1 1LE instead of the HC but realized it all the camber shit that makes it so great would be a total waste on me. Also the ride on those is HARSH and that gets old. I do love the look though. It is a big plus that the ZL1 is not getting the 19 front end.

On topic of GT500 - it is essentially a SCd 350 less FPC and with DCT. There are plenty of guys that have SCd 350s so we have an idea of what these are capable of. By this measure somewhere b/w a C7Z06 and ZR1 and right in line with a RE. Any reason why this would not be a good proxy?

Last edited:
I thought really hard about a ZL1 1LE instead of the HC but realized it all the camber shit that makes it so great would be a total waste on me. Also the ride on those is HARSH and that gets old. I do love the look though. It is a big plus that the ZL1 is not getting the 19 front end.

On topic of GT500 - it is essentially a SCd 350 less FPC and with DCT. There are plenty of guys that have SCd 350s so we have an idea of what these are capable of. By this measure somewhere b/w a C7Z06 and ZR1 and right in line with a RE. Any reason why this would not be a good proxy?

It’s a great proxy and as we’ve seen rpm is this combos friend. If we get to rev to 8200rpm before fuel cut, it’s gonna be well above 760hp.

The trinity was 662hp@6200rpm but on the dunk many made 600whp at 6600rpm up from 580ish whp at 6200

If the new 5.2 sc mill makes 700whp@7500, for 760hp crank, I think revving to 8200 will produce 730whp+ which is 800hp all day.

I don’t like stringy top end power deliver, but it does greatly improve traction and putting power down. The dct will shift fast enough that the blower will lose basically no boost either

Users who are viewing this thread