It's Official! 2020 GT500 Makes 760HP

1560939961252.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., June 19, 2019 – Venomous strike: The all-new 2020 Mustang Shelby GT500 will produce 760 horsepower and 625 lb.-ft. of torque, making it the most powerful street-legal Ford ever – with the most power- and torque-dense supercharged production V8 engine in the world.

Enough said.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ve been quite in the know in past posts, shell out some of the experience race bonefidies you have had. The internet is full of trolls trolling trolls trolling trolling about trolling trolls.

I’ve been positive of most of your posts prior so I’ll vouch that in general I’ve seen you have imperical and seat of the pants experience to back up your talking points

I had the 335i record for nearly a year. I had the boost only E9x M3 record.
I am 1 of 3 founders of a company that hosts racing events, drag, roll and 1/2 mile. Open for 6+ years now. Hold 3-8 events annually.
I was contracted/ did host and facilitate the tx2k roll race nationals twice in the past,before peter opted for a different path.

So yes, drag racing, grew up at atco, street raced in philly before FnF popularized it. I have unquestionable data from tens of thousands of roll races ( our equipment is a worlds 1st/custom setup- start speed, start distance differential etc).

I jave hundreds of 1/2 mile runs that logged the car, its setup, its rt, 60ft, 1/4 et mph and 1/2 et mph, long before any oher organization.

So yes, id say i have real experience, as well as technical for the ricer math portion.

I have friends in every corner of the aftermarket/performance world. If i get info, its usually good.

Hope that helps

I would not buy a Demon or ZL1. I think they're both ugly.
Ditto. Ugly is just ugly

Skilled drivers will run the quickest times, no doubt. Any skilled drag racer will run at least .2 and 2mph faster than the less skilled drivers who are forced into using factory launch control. The gaps between skilled and unskilled drivers will be much narrower with the DCT and you won't hardly any guys running way slower than the mag times. From a highway roll there will be no difference between skilled and unskilled.

If we didn't have such crazy winters up here in the northeast, I would be daily driving a Hellcat Charger in GoMango Orange with black carbon stripes.
One of the hottest looking cars on the road today, in my opinion.
One of my buddies DD's a SP Charger up here Brofessor. Not a bad grocery getter.

I had the 335i record for nearly a year. I had the boost only E9x M3 record.
I am 1 of 3 founders of a company that hosts racing events, drag, roll and 1/2 mile. Open for 6+ years now. Hold 3-8 events annually.
I was contracted/ did host and facilitate the tx2k roll race nationals twice in the past,before peter opted for a different path.

So yes, drag racing, grew up at atco, street raced in philly before FnF popularized it. I have unquestionable data from tens of thousands of roll races ( our equipment is a worlds 1st/custom setup- start speed, start distance differential etc).

I jave hundreds of 1/2 mile runs that logged the car, its setup, its rt, 60ft, 1/4 et mph and 1/2 et mph, long before any oher organization.

So yes, id say i have real experience, as well as technical for the ricer math portion.

I have friends in every corner of the aftermarket/performance world. If i get info, its usually good.

Hope that helps

Ditto. Ugly is just ugly

Thanks for sharing. When I was saying trolls trolls trolls I was implying that it’s easy for everybody to dogpile someone which is what I saw and wanted to vouch for you based on past experiences with you on this site.

I think if you spent a few hours with Evan J Smith you’d like the guy. If you have and aren’t a fan, hey it’s a free country

Cheers, you have eluded to real world racing in the past so I wanted to let other people see that

Last edited:
Skilled drivers will run the quickest times, no doubt. Any skilled drag racer will run at least .2 and 2mph faster than the less skilled drivers who are forced into using factory launch control. The gaps between skilled and unskilled drivers will be much narrower with the DCT and you won't hardly any guys running way slower than the mag times. From a highway roll there will be no difference between skilled and unskilled.

Very much not true at all, even a little bitty bit.

You treed me.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Damn. You all gapped me. But we agree

I’d daily drive an 800hp widebody Charger with a warranty.

Put a damn manual in it though

Amen.

I have always liked the Challenger more than the Charger. Just looked more muscular to me. Perhaps the wide body on the charger will be the extra muscle it needed to really set it apart from other “performance” sedans.

Amen.

I have always liked the Challenger more than the Charger. Just looked more muscular to me. Perhaps the wide body on the charger will be the extra muscle it needed to really set it apart from other “performance” sedans.

I like the charger more now but liked the challenger more when they first launched.

Gen 1 chargers were soft save the srt8.

I’m not a fan of the base body challenger at all with the v6, but I like the dressier ones and lov the hellcat widebody’s. I think it is very very big for a coupe. The original challenger was sleek from the side, not as much massive weightlifting muscly. The 70 challenger was like a beefy coupe, the 2008 up challenger is like beef molded sorta into a coupe. The charger flows good because the architecture is sedan Mercedes c class
08EDC198-25CA-4A1C-9791-D9748087413E.png
84CB5C12-7732-45A9-951B-A5773D161A56.jpeg

6F1BF935-238B-4ED8-8121-8237D9084F11.jpeg

If the challenger had less of a lower slab side look I’d be fine with it. The wide body hides and off sets the slab side a lot

Users who are viewing this thread