it was nice knowing you guys (and gals?)

tweetersvt

Established Member
Thanks for all of your help and information, I probably would have tore some stuff up if it werent for your input. But I sold the truck today to a dealership for $14,519.23. I had it on e-bay for 10 days, abd recieved no bids so I took drastic measures. On the upside, I traded it for a CBR 900RR highly modified with a 2002 model 954 motor. I was fun and I'll drop in from time to time. thanks again.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Take care of yourself and be careful on your new toy! It's not you I worry about, it's the other a$%holes! I ended up laying my Harley down because of the other idiots out there and my dad ended up spending 3 months in a brain injury rehab hospital.

Rob

tweetersvt

Established Member
Well, as you all know I picked up my bike on saturday August 7th, it sat in the garage till wednesday when I took my writen test for my permit. As I was pulling out of the garage later that evening I approached the road went to make a left, and I'll be damned if I didnt dump it. Like an Idiot I tried to keep it from falling over and in the process I hit the throttle as my hand slipped off of the clutch, well she went down and didn't slide luckily. Damage to bike is going to cost me about $15 no big deal, thedamage to me, 9inx2in roadrash on right forearm, sprained ankel. For the record, I took the driving portion of the test on thursday, gimp leg and all, and passed with flying colors. So thanks for you concern and telling me to be careful, it just goes to show that you don't have to be riding like an idiot to crash like one.

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Originally posted by tweetersvt
it just goes to show that you don't have to be riding like an idiot to crash like one.
That's true. My sister did the same thing on her friend's bike. Not a lot of damage to the bike, maybe a couple $100, but she fractured her leg.

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Man, that's the 2nd L I've seen sell below $15K. Time to get one for myself.

Good luck and best wishes!

a64armt

Established Member
No kidding, Lightnings going for less than 15K! I think I could talk the wife into one. I wonder if I could tow my boat with it........

On the flip side, the dealer will ask about 25k for the truck!

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread