it,s here

fangstang

Established Member
Yo hoof?, how does the low end torque feel? Does it through in you seat? Also, hows that T-56? I'm sorry for all the questions, but I hope you were expecting these them being that you are the first.

YOUL LUZ

Established Member
Hey hoofbeat: what date did you order your car ? IM wondering how some people get there's before others... I think my dealer lagged w/ my order.... Im about to be pissed.

fangstang

Established Member
Originally posted by YOUL LUZ
Hey hoofbeat: what date did you order your car ? IM wondering how some people get there's before others... I think my dealer lagged w/ my order.... Im about to be pissed.

Sad to say, but i feel the same. And I bought my current one from them last year.:fm:

Weasel

Established Member
hoofbeat-
The important question is: how is the exhaust note ???

hoofbeat

Established Member
:thumbsup: ok guys 1st driving impressions ,i traded in a 01 gt so that is what i,m comparing to,car has gobs of low end power that seems to build thru out rpm range, i have not been above 5000 rpm yet only ,200 miles on car, at normal speed blower whine is quite ,at wot you can here some but that is a good thing car handles better then the 01.exhaust is way to quiet 1st thing to change. you must use at least 91 octane gas per svt . in 6th gear at 80 0nly 1900 rpm. shifter was a little on the notchy side at 1st i called the shop when i got home and was told to drive it a while and it would get better(damm ford shop to say such a thing) it has cleared up and is ok now.it looks like the k&n filter from the 01 will fit will try it later . driver seat is great you can adjust to fit.all for now .

blucobra03

Established Member
Sounds like yoou had a great drive there hoofbeat. I called my dealer yesterday and was told my car would be built next week. The VIN is 1FAF.......302184. It was ordered in early Feb. and he said it shouls addivr end of this month or first week of July. I'm way past ready for it. By the way you didn't tell me if the paint was metallic or not. In the pictures I saw from the Detroit Car show, it looked like it might be but it's too hard to really know wiyhout actually seeing the car. Enjoy for me :burnout:

46stang

Established Member
awesome pics! my car should look exactly the same! I'm glad i picked that color for sure now! it's awesome! congrats!
Leon

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by AV8R

On a road course. I highly doubt that. :nono:

LOL, on a road course... it would still take you,,, dont be mad cause you paid more>got less :lol:

LLoverCrazyJay

SVT Lightning Pimp
Established Member
That's rude mon, that's just rude, you're dissin a ford, how pitiful...:nono: And Hoofbeat, way to go man, you picked my favorite color! She looks great!

Last edited:

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Originally posted by blown03cobra

LOL, on a road course... it would still take you,,, dont be mad cause you paid more>got less

Dude, do you even have a clue what a 2000Cobra R is? I let someone from another messageboard sum it up for ya:

ummm, err, the 03 cobra makes 5 more hp than a 00 R. most dynoes ive seen on R's are right at 380 at the wheels!! and im guessing 99% of the 03 cobras will dyno at 360.

now for out-performing eachother....that is a joke. a 00 R would walk all over a 03 cobra on a road course, and its a close race on the drag strip, and the stiff road race susp. doesnt help the R there. a 00 cobra R will out run a viper, Z06, and a 03 cobra on a course that has alot of turns. yes, the viper and Z06 will pull it back on the straights, but guess what time it is when they get to the reat bumper cover of the R? hit the brakes and pre-pare to get drug in the twisties. all while the 03 cobra is 10 seconds behind on lap-time.

also, with the talk from everybody saying the 03 cobra has a blower, yes, i know putting a blower on the cobra R is more money, but has anybody seen the one with the s-trim that makes 581 to the wheels on a 10psi un-tuned setup? what about the cobra R with the D-1SC that makes 693rwhp on a nice tune on 15psi?

and once these 03 cobras hit the street, they will be just another car, and you will stop getting excited when you see one. but when you see a R out on the street, all that pop into your head is GOD DAMN!!! after all, the 03 cobra is a MASS produced car where there will be over 7k units sold, from what i hear upwards of 9k will be sold. and then theres the R, the whole 300 of them made puts it in a league of its own.

want to know something else? a buddy of mine, well his father is high up in the SVT division, told me on GOOD re-sources that the 03 will most likely be the only year for the blower car. if any of you remember the talk of the DOHC 4v 5.0, well, the reason for putting the blower car out was so they could have a car with more power while re-searching the block for a modular 5.0. meaning they didn't like the idea of the all bore no stroke fr-500 block going into a production car. they are researching a re-sleeved block to make the modular 302 a reality on the next go-round on the cobras.

Last edited:

scraejtp

AV8R, I don't know where you got that info but that isn't correct. Granted the Cobra R will probably take the new 2003 Cobra out on the track, but it does NOT beat the Z06. The Cobra R does beat the viper on the track though. The Z06 has better handling and does better through a track than the Cobra R.
There is even a video, if someone would kindly post the link, showing a test between the Cobra R, a viper, and a Z06.

Snoker

Established Member
AV8R,

Good for you. You have all your answers, so let the people who have been waiting for their 03's have the their day. They do have a mass produced car, it does have a significant warranty, it does have other plus' too, like air, nice interior, stereo and the works. Also, since it is a mass produced car and they didn't have to pay as much for the car, putting miles on it won't be as painful.

I agree you have a treasure, but as you most aptly say, the production run was small, we cannot all have an "R" and they have not made one since 2000. Remember this is 2002 and Ford is issuing the 03 early.

I am sure an Italian could lay some figures that would humble your "R".

Would just like to see the people who are enthusiastic about their 03's or soon to arrive 03's get their day. The "R" has proven itself.

AV8R

RiceCooker
Established Member
Hey, I have a ton of respect for the '03 Cobra. Anything putting out that much horsepower deserves lots of respect.

I just came on jokingly asking if the original poster wanted to race, instead, cheezedick started insulting my vehicle. Payed more...got less or something like that and claims I would still lose on an open track. What a moron. Get some facts before spouting off.

Jason

Last edited:

fangstang

Established Member
Guys, what the hell are you all fighting about! THEY"RE BOTH FORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never mind that, they're both MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are both excellent cars! The R is a better handler because thats what the car is set up for, HANDLING! There is no way the 2003 will out handle a 2000 R, it may stay real close, but thats it. The 2003 on the other hand is a bargain compared with the R. I personaly would take either car any day any time, and hopefully I'll have my 2003 soon.

P.S. Hopefully I'll have a 2000R real soon too!!!

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
CONTGATS :coolman: that's the same identical car that I have on order.. (now that I've cancelled my chrome rims)..

Users who are viewing this thread