Issues with Meguiars M105 and plastic parts

dom418

Established Member
I am getting very frustrated using this product on the rocker panels and side scoops of my 03 Cobra. The product is leaving a haze that will not come off. I used an orange pad.

I followed up with M205 and a white pad and the haze improved but is still cloudy.

I have zero issues on the rest of the car. Any advice?

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Post up some pics, and I'll try to diagnosis it. 105 is very aggressive, and I am hoping that you didn't smoke the clear.

dom418

Established Member
Pictures are not showing the issue well. Seems to be residue from the 105 not coming off. I am doing the other panels the same way with no issues. The product just doesn’t seem to want to come off of the plastic pieces

dom418

Established Member
Image1524703474.857917.jpg

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
OK, can't really see as you said. If it is residue, try hitting your pad with some detail spray or water while polishing. Also know that 105 is finicky like this at times...if you load up your pad too much it will have the tendency to gum up. Prime your pad first and then use 3-4 pea sized drops of product for each section you are compounding. Then clean your pads and change them out frequently.

This may solve your issue. (also, plastic areas tend to 'hold heat' differently than metal substrates)

If the 205 isn't removing the haze, try hitting that area with some detail spray or your final wipedown product to see if it helps in removing it.

Keep us posted, and great color on that Snake!

Users who are viewing this thread