Issues with FRPP 80's at high base pressue E85

Whippedmach

Established Member
So just looking for some other insight on the matter, Trying to get the car as close to good as possible before TX2k11. Im assuming regardless i will be needing a larger injector soon but just trying to get by for now. I have a Boss 5.0 4v with stepped kooks headers, full 3" exhuast FGT cams, manual tensioner, SCT BA 3000,Magna fuel protuner 750 efi return style, all your normal supporting mods. I am running the stock lower with a 3.5 upper pulley on my 3.4l whipple and seeing right at 22-23 psi

So here is the question my buddy tuned my car tonight and he had it running perfect, hitting the exact A/F commanded 11.5, on E85 well about 4000rpm it started leaning out at 55 psi base fuel pressure, and it was pretty much maxed in the MAF transfer function. So we increased and increased the base fuel pressure till we hit about 68psi base, it will stay a perfect 11.6 AFR from 4000, to 6000, then climbs to 12.00 by 6500. So i planned on just short shifting it and keeping the limiter low for now.

Now we had all the lower counts perfect, but now that the PSI is up ,AT WOT from 2000- 4000rpm we cant seem to get it to lean out enough it seems to float from 10.4-11.3 and this was after pulling like 20 percent out of the transfer function, my MAF curve looks like a hockey stick, almost shoots straight up, so does the PCM need to be scaled or do i pretty much just need injectors? Any help appreciated, as now that it is rich down low it seems to feel a little etchy, compared to before where it felt nice and smooth, but would just get lean and we would let out. THX.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
You need new injectors and MAF.

Im guessing you dont have a Crusher inlet because you didnt say it was a (05+) slot style maf.

Replace the BA 3000 with the BA 5000. Maxed out MAF transfer fuctions means your flowing more air then the MAF can calculate more or less.

Then call Lethal Performance and pick up a set of the Bosch Minitimer 105lbers. This will allow you to drop your base pressure and your pressure at WOT to drop as well. This should make life on your regulator alittle easier to boot.

Whippedmach

Established Member
Hmm Dont know if it makes a difference the highest MAF counts i got to were like 880, but i was maxed out on the #hr @63, So i was thinking i still had some room to grow with the MAF just really needed injectors Sound about right. And yes its not a crusher :(

Ironhand

Banned
Hmm Dont know if it makes a difference the highest MAF counts i got to were like 880, but i was maxed out on the #hr @63, So i was thinking i still had some room to grow with the MAF just really needed injectors Sound about right. And yes its not a crusher :(

Id try the injectors first to get the fuel pressure under control. Then if you still have issues, maybe a new MAF or MAFia is in order.

Users who are viewing this thread