issues so far 2700 miles

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
the only issues ive seen so far are:

1. stability control activating in 6th gear at 40mph part throttle. it felt like a flat tire. the right rear brakes were activating. i pressed the brake peddle and felt the abs working. i put the car in neutral and the ABS pulsed until the car stopped. i pulled the car over and checked the tires. no tire issues. i turned the ABS/ESC off then back on. no more of that.

2. the gears in the transmission are beginning to sound like straight cut racing gears. it sounds like the input shaft splining with the counter shaft is the culprit. i only hear it at part throttle shifts. - i love the way it sounds.

3. blocking rings in the transmission at light shifting pressures not working, causing gear grinding. could also be insufficient clutch disengagment.

clutch is smooth with no creeping. the rest of the car is perfect.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Issues:

Sync stopped working but it was due to a bad Ipod, other then that i saw my full to empty shoot up a 100 miles. It used to say 250 till E now it says 34? till empty... is there a break in or something? This just happened this morning after i filled up... is this normal

Last edited:

wazslow

Established Member
Issues:

Sync stopped working but it was due to a bad Ipod, other then that i saw my full to empty shoot up a 100 miles. It used to say 250 till E now it says 34? till empty... is there a break in or something? This just happened this morning after i filled up... is this normal

As far as I know its based on the mileage the car is currently getting. So if you were driving on the highway for a while got 25mpg then it would be higher than if you had been driving in stop and go traffic getting 17 mpg for example.

ViciousJay

Established Member
As far as I know its based on the mileage the car is currently getting. So if you were driving on the highway for a while got 25mpg then it would be higher than if you had been driving in stop and go traffic getting 17 mpg for example.

i understand what your saying but when you fill up youll see it says 250 miles till empty. Mine used to say this, but since rolling 1800 miles mine says 350 now till empty and i beat on my mine everyday

RSKtakR

Established Member
ive noticed that if i REALLY top my tank off. like as much as i can.. it reads LESS miles to empty (300 or less). If i just put in a couple more cents to get a round number it reads 320-340 miles til empty. and anyone else have thier key get stuck in the "start" position when you start it up, let go, then the key just stays turned and then pops back all by itself?? wierdest damn thing.?? its done it twice now in the past 2 weeks.?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Just the darn 'clutch sticks to the floor' issue and Ford built mine with a 2010 GT or 2011 V6 lower rear bumper panel.

The dealer is paying to have the correct one put on my car. I ordered it today, should be in by the end of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread