ISO: VMP or AFCO Heat Exchanger with fans

Willie

Established Member
Also look for a C&R (Shelby) unit.
I recently had an opportunity to test the Afco with 10-inch fans with a C&R with 9-inch fans on the same car. The results: The C&R with slightly smaller fans cooled the fluid slightly more! Frankly, I was surprised. I sold the Afco....
But if you do find the Afco, make sure to ask if the wiring contains one or two relays. If it has one, you will have to scrap the wiring and go with a two-relay setup.

0-60B4U

Established Member
Also look for a C&R (Shelby) unit.
I recently had an opportunity to test the Afco with 10-inch fans with a C&R with 9-inch fans on the same car. The results: The C&R with slightly smaller fans cooled the fluid slightly more! Frankly, I was surprised. I sold the Afco....
But if you do find the Afco, make sure to ask if the wiring contains one or two relays. If it has one, you will have to scrap the wiring and go with a two-relay setup.
I purchased an Afco but haven't received it yet so I'm not sure about the relays. It comes with new hardware and wiring so hopefully it's right! Thanks for the heads up!

Willie

Established Member
You should be good. The earlier kits had one relay and guys were melting the power fuse and holder. Afco agreed to replace this kit with a two-relay design. FYI, C&R always used the two-relay design.

Users who are viewing this thread