ISO 99 - 01 Cobra Front bumper!

99RedCobra209

Established Member
Hey everyone I’m new to this forum I just purchased a 99 Performance Red cobra and it has a 03 Cobra bumper not really my style because it’s not a 03 so I would like to put it back to factory form! If anyone can help me out thank you

shurur

Established Member
Yup..it's sad because they sell the 2000R bumpers, which are ugly imo, but not the 99-01.

The bumper and the amber turn signal lights are often taken by the the terminator "purists" to put on their cars. So that is what creates the need.

This is a piece that you need to obsessively search morning and night on ebay and elsewhere, then be ready to pounce on once you find it.

A few companies have started making them, then discontinued.

If you have the amber lights, I would pull them and store them somewhere. People will rip those off or damage them out of spite.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

The bumper and the amber turn signal lights are often taken by the the terminator "purists" to put on their cars. So that is what creates the need.

I've never seen an 03/04 with a 99/01 front bumper. I HAVE seen the opposite though, because the 99/01 is so hard to locate.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Try the mustang pages on facebook. There's always someone selling a 99/01 bumper, but be prepared to pay for it. I'd expect to be in the $600-$1000 range depending on the condition of it. You may even get lucky and get the color you need.

The comment above about the amber tailights is true. I pulled mine and run the GT ones because I don't want anyone trying to take them. It's easy to do. All you have to do is drill a new hole in the GT tailight where the amber one would go and you're all set.

99RedCobra209

Established Member
Yup..it's sad because they sell the 2000R bumpers, which are ugly imo, but not the 99-01.

This is a piece that you need to obsessively search morning and night on ebay and elsewhere, then be ready to pounce on once you find it.

A few companies have started making them, then discontinued.

If you have the amber lights, I would pull them and store them somewhere. People will rip those off or damage them out of spite.
Thanks a lot bro I do have the amber lights and there mint! I’m going to have to tuck them. It’s unbelievable what’s going on with the front bumpers 10 years ago when I last had a 99 cobra nobody even like these front bumper, maybe a couple of the Mach 1 guys but there where not in high demand

shurur

Established Member
I've never seen an 03/04 with a 99/01 front bumper. I HAVE seen the opposite though, because the 99/01 is so hard to locate.
Ok admittedly, and still maybe, more Mach1 bumper thefts and terminator taillight thefts....but the result is the same, with newedge cobra guys getting ripped off.

My 99 came with GT lights with Turn signal wedged into the center light socket and drilled weep holes in the backup lights..
I have sinced gotten GT lights and made the drill hole for the corner turn signal light.
I plan to see whether I can get amber color from the red lense with yellow bulbs...

The terminators have the hood length issue that makes the bumper theft less feasible...just saying...
The terminator folks like to take stuff off the newedge cobras, then talk our cars down.

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Thanks a lot bro I do have the amber lights and there mint! I’m going to have to tuck them. It’s unbelievable what’s going on with the front bumpers 10 years ago when I last had a 99 cobra nobody even like these front bumper, maybe a couple of the Mach 1 guys but there where not in high demand
Welcome back...BTW.

99RedCobra209

Established Member
Try the mustang pages on facebook. There's always someone selling a 99/01 bumper, but be prepared to pay for it. I'd expect to be in the $600-$1000 range depending on the condition of it. You may even get lucky and get the color you need.

The comment above about the amber tailights is true. I pulled mine and run the GT ones because I don't want anyone trying to take them. It's easy to do. All you have to do is drill a new hole in the GT tailight where the amber one would go and you're all set.
Dang that scares me I’m going to get a Gt set asap! I will definitely check the Facebook market thank you bro!

99RedCobra209

Established Member
Ok admittedly, and still maybe, more Mach1 bumper thefts and terminator taillight thefts....but the result is the same, with newedge cobra guys getting ripped off.

My 99 came with GT lights with Turn signal wedged into the center light socket and drilled weep holes in the backup lights..
I have sinced gotten GT lights and made the drill hole for the corner turn signal light.
I plan to see whether I can get amber color from the red lense with yellow bulbs...

The terminators have the hood length issue that makes the bumper theft less feasible...just saying...
The terminator folks like to take stuff off the newedge cobras, then talk our cars down.
Yeah dude that’s jacked up, our cars are sweet there both unique in there own ways and should be respected for that!

shurur

Established Member
Thanks a lot bro I really appreciate it! Didn’t feel like my self with out a cobra! Been way to long I was over due!
Even the terminators guys who once had a new edge wish they could get their newedge cobras back.

I think that half reason the terminator folks steal our parts is because of that regret.....or NA Jealousy... ;-).

The newdge cobra was the first in many ways.

Last edited:

99RedCobra209

Established Member
Even the terminators guys who once had a new edge wish they could get their newedge cobras back.

I think that half reason the terminator folks steal our parts is because of that regret.....or NA Jealousy... ;-).

The newdge cobra was the first in many ways.
That’s right brother I totally agree!!!

Users who are viewing this thread