ISF vs Boss 302

1.8t

Established Member
Randomly caught up with my brother on the highway in his 2013 intake/header(catless)/tune Boss 302. My car has the same bolt ons with an exhaust. We got a hit from 40 to 150 that ended in a dead damn heat. Give the videographer a bit of a break, she hasn’t been dating my brother very long so he has to coach her filming up lol.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
What's the difference between ISF and RCF?

RCF was dogged on since the start as heavy and other cars better and I was just looking them up the other day, they are depreciating like crazy. Lexus forum says they are very reliable. Could seem like a nice car to pick up

Swine

Established Member
Ahhh that was fun!

Additional note, Boss + 1 passenger vs non passenger ISF. Boss makes ~430whp AED tuned.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What's the difference between ISF and RCF?

RCF was dogged on since the start as heavy and other cars better and I was just looking them up the other day, they are depreciating like crazy. Lexus forum says they are very reliable. Could seem like a nice car to pick up

The ISF is essentially the older model of the RCF. Both are 5L v8s.

The ISF (as far as I know) was a 4 door on the IS platform in the late 2000s and was their flagship for like a year until the LFA came out. The RCF is kind of the replacement that's a coupe that has like 50hp more. They were dogged on because it was apparently a cobbled together mess of various parts bin chassis components that made the car not seem right.

I don't know if the last part is true anymore, I just remember when they came out the rags hated on the car.

I always found them good looking and Toyota quality/reliability is definitely a plus but it came at a huge price. Like GT500 money.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The ISF is essentially the older model of the RCF. Both are 5L v8s.

The ISF (as far as I know) was a 4 door on the IS platform in the late 2000s and was their flagship for like a year until the LFA came out. The RCF is kind of the replacement that's a coupe that has like 50hp more. They were dogged on because it was apparently a cobbled together mess of various parts bin chassis components that made the car not seem right.

I don't know if the last part is true anymore, I just remember when they came out the rags hated on the car.

I always found them good looking and Toyota quality/reliability is definitely a plus but it came at a huge price. Like GT500 money.

They just don't perform up to the level that they look because of how heavy they are, and feel very watered down in the process.

ENV²

Established Member
The V8 Lexus to get these days is the LC500

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive always like those ISF's. That was a great race.. i enjoyed that!

ISF was the faster car this time. Great driving by the Boss 302 pilot too.......

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
The V8 Lexus to get these days is the LC500

I know personal preference and opinion, but Lexus has had some funky looking vehicles in their lineup. That LC500 is fugly imo! ISF and RC do look pretty good. Plus RC is my initials!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I know personal preference and opinion, but Lexus has had some funky looking vehicles in their lineup. That LC500 is fugly imo! ISF and RC do look pretty good. Plus RC is my initials!

They have gone a bit sideways the last 5 years havent they? totally agree

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Go sit in a new LS600 and that is a bad machine. It begs to be chauffeured around in and I found it to be nicer than anything the Europeans had to offer.

ENV²

Established Member

Listen, if you go sit in an LC500 and dont appreciate the interior. Then start it and cant appreciate the fact that Lexus built a true high luxury grand tourer I don't know what to say. It deff looks better than the RC. But yes Lexus has gone a weird route. They made a GS-F and they're rare as hell cause nobody bought them really. Not a bad package but nobody likes the numbers Lexus puts down

musclefan21

Established Member
Talk about a dead even race. Also, having a regular size passenger from a roll doesn't effect the race much, if at all. I have field tested it before :)

Users who are viewing this thread