Is this the same on the GT and the Boss?

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Is the airbox circled in the pic, the same on the GT and the Boss?

Capture.gif

Also, I am sure I know the answer, but is the tube from the airbox to the throttle body the same?

I have the one off my old 5.0, and wondering what parts I need to order to get the stock intake system back on the Boss.....

Grant808

Established Member
Tube is Boss specific. Airbox is the same. Angle that the throttle body sits is different between the two manifolds.

Actually, for the Airbox/MAF unit it's essentially the same, but it depends on the year of the GT & Boss. The difference is only in the clips. They all interchange okay, but the clips were revised from metal to plastic for '13.

The easiest way to spot the GT vs. Boss tube is the extra boss (bump) for the connection for the auto trans.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Actually, for the Airbox/MAF unit it's essentially the same, but it depends on the year of the GT & Boss. The difference is only in the clips. They all interchange okay, but the clips were revised from metal to plastic for '13.

The easiest way to spot the GT vs. Boss tube is the extra boss (bump) for the connection for the auto trans.

Thanks to every one..... My GT was a 13 and my Boss is a 13, so the Airbox should be what I need then....I guess I just need to order the tube......Unless someone had a whole setup for sale from a Boss :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread