Is this Fox Body worth $26K?

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Is it worth it? Yes just because where else are you going to buy a brand new fox. I think all the mods actually hurt it in this case though. Would I pay that for it? No because it would have fifteen thousand miles on it after the first year of purchase.

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
IMO......hell no!

thats like the post a while back when the guy wanted 40k for his procharged 2v....

wicked90lx

Established Member
Personily if i had a fox that only had 800 miles on it, i damn sure wouldnt mod it. I doubt id even bring it out for another 10 years. 10 more years yea maybe worth 26k

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
No not even that. it may be worth that if It was stock but even then I wouldn't pay that much for a stock 5.0 Mustang. I think the most that is worth is 15k IMPO

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
its worth it to the right buyer and yes, the right buyer is out there.
Has original parts and can be demodded if you wish

Last edited:

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
i'd find out what block is in it. if it's the stock 302, I wouldn't even mess with it.

If it has a 302 Sportsman block in it, it might be worth a look.

reason I say this is, the stock 302's are prone to splitting down the lifter valley when they exceed 400 hp. This is not the case with every stock 302, because some miraculously handle more than others, but I would seriously factor that into my decision to buy a Fox.

with a sportsman block (usually FRPP or Boss designation) they will handle up 1500 hp depending on the block.

if that's the stock engine in that thing and it's supercharged and makes more than 400 hp...regardless of the mileage, that engine is living on borrowed time. It's already 17 years old, I'm sure the intake, head, timing chain cover gaskets aren't worth a shit anymore.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
i'd find out what block is in it. if it's the stock 302, I wouldn't even mess with it.

If it has a 302 Sportsman block in it, it might be worth a look.

reason I say this is, the stock 302's are prone to splitting down the lifter valley when they exceed 400 hp. This is not the case with every stock 302, because some miraculously handle more than others, but I would seriously factor that into my decision to buy a Fox.

with a sportsman block (usually FRPP or Boss designation) they will handle up 1500 hp depending on the block.

if that's the stock engine in that thing and it's supercharged and makes more than 400 hp...regardless of the mileage, that engine is living on borrowed time. It's already 17 years old, I'm sure the intake, head, timing chain cover gaskets aren't worth a shit anymore.
stock block can easily handle 500 hp.
sportsman is basically a stock block.
dart or boss is the only other way to go.
there is nothing wrong with a blower on a 800 mile original engine and it will last way longer than you think.:)

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
stock block can easily handle 500 hp.
sportsman is basically a stock block.
dart or boss is the only other way to go.
there is nothing wrong with a blower on a 800 mile original engine and it will last way longer than you think.:)

I've seen stock blocks split at 400 :shrug:

but like I said some can handle more, some can't.

I was thinking the 351 sportsman block from Ford Racing, those are pretty strong, but you're right on the Boss blocks.

not saying there's anything wrong with the blower, but being 17 years old on that engine, even with 800 miles, just saying that the engine is living on borrowed time.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I've seen stock blocks split at 400 :shrug:

but like I said some can handle more, some can't.

I was thinking the 351 sportsman block from Ford Racing, those are pretty strong, but you're right on the Boss blocks.

not saying there's anything wrong with the blower, but being 17 years old on that engine, even with 800 miles, just saying that the engine is living on borrowed time.

yeah no bad blood. Im a beleiver that its all in the tune as far max hp and capacity of the block. As far as the mileage on that engine, I would wonder on how much it has been maintained. Has the guy went out and started it a couple times a month to keep the thing lubricated? I doubt it

Users who are viewing this thread