Is this accepted from the real cobra guys?

BOOMER23

Established Member
Im gonna have to say that all in all I see no problems with the car at all...I think it looks good and you definately have pieced together a GT that not many other peoples look like if any at all. Unique combo and I think it flows together really well and I think its awesome that you avoided being "that guy" by going the extra mile and filling the bumper just so you wouldnt be a cobra wanna be....most people wouldnt have done that and I give you full marks for having a legit, unique, good lookin car man :rockon:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
IMHO. It is better than putting cobra bumpers and cobra emblems on a GT. If I had a GT the route of the picture is how I would go.

I have a friend who had a v6 stang that he made look like a cobra on the outside. Later he did put a v8 in it but still. Come on!

VEE EIGHT

Banned
As long as there isn't any Cobra emblems or the owner doesn't claim its a Cobra its all good in my book.

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
I like it. It looks better than the regular GT rear bumper. Wingless is fine too. They don't serve any function except for looks anyway. It's a matter of personal preference.

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
bumper looks awesome bro....and the shaved look on a gt to me just adds to the wingless look....i dunno it just seems to follow the KISS method....or that red headed step child method i guess....bad ass!!....i say keep it wingless too or get a saleen style spoiler...as long as it's not the s351 wing....and i hate the GT front bumpers too....unless it has a mach chin spoiler on it and is lowered the GT bumpers just don't look right....and to top your car off i would go w/ DD bullits and a mach 1 hood and have the ram air hole filled in!....talk about the ultimate uniqueness if you could pull all that off...then again the DD's and chin spoilers aren't so original but i think it would all flow together well....especially because if it was lowered the lack of front bumper being low to the ground would be made up by the huge ****in cowl from the hood and would proportion it out...imo...aight i'm done babbling!

JerseyGT

Jerseys Finest Ttop
Established Member
MinGrey02Stg2 said:
The car looks great, no question. There's nothing wrong with making the car how you want to make it... that bumper looks great with the shaved letters!

I've come and asked that question before about putting cobra/svt emblems and parts ona GT model stang. Now I was more trying to get at making a stock GT a SVT Cobra and I was told a couple comments that it's just like a ricer adding parts/bodykits etc. or what have you to their cars. I have had in line a 93 GT that has the cervinis stalker/cobra body kit plus I gotta couple cobra bolt-ons. Now I wouldn't go around saying hey look at my svt cobra like it was one from the factory but would say I just dressd it up as a cobra. I don't think thats so bad. Sorry to get off subject or did I not? lol I do think it looks good on your car w/ the shaved letters but did you get any with the cobra letters? Or did it come like that? Anyways, I would like to know your and others thoughts on "dressing up" a GT but not saying it's a real cobra. l8r fellas

p.s. I didn't read the rest of the thread yet, I do it when I wake up, it's like 4:30am here in jersey, lol. gnight fellas

Last edited:

40thanniversary

Established Member
I am gonna use this post to answer everyones questions since there was a lot of post while I was away. First off, let me say thanks everyone. The body shop guy did it on the side for $100 before he realized it was a lot of work. lol. I did not do the front bumper as well because I love the Roush Stage 3, I stuck with that and stayed with the Keanen hood. The grill delete I got because I didn't wanna be like everyone else. My color car proves that because there was only a certain amount made. And I've probably seen a total of 5-10 including mine since I bought the car 2 1/2 years ago. And believe it or not, people are asking me where I got the GT emblem for the front. And I'm NOT going with black DD bullits because everyone and there Grandma in my mustang club has those. Now I know also the machined cobra wheels are over played on NON cobra cars also, but I can't afford rim changes right now. When I do, it will either be the Chrome FR500's or the new Chrome Shelby wheels. And I'm gonna stay with the 17x9's because I don't have the money to replace 4 tires at a time so all my tires will be the same size. And muhtalicbloo, thats exactly what I said to my dad. That bumper makes not having a wing for some reason, look SO much better. Anyways, thats everyone for the criticisim and the positive feedback. Appreciate it

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Anything you put on a GT from a cobra is FINE if you take off the words "cobra" and the cobra emblems etc... Imo

AZSnake98

NVWSSV
Established Member
Oh and by the way... If you think deep dish bullitts are overplayed... You should rethink your choice of FR500's because there are about 4 cars on this ENTIRE site that dont have FR500's on them... lol.

40thanniversary

Established Member
I see more of the black than I do chrome FR500's. Heres a full pic of both sides that a member asked to see.

CobraBumper011.jpg

CobraBumper008.jpg

BlackSVT2003

Established Member
40thanniversary said:
I know a lot of people don't like when GTs put cobra parts on. I'm not trying to make it a terminator. It has better looking body parts. I even have cobra side skirts, but a roush front bumper, and a Kaenen hood. Mine didn't come with a spoiler, it's the 40th edition, it had the grill delete. I had the letter shaved because I didn't want it to say cobra, because it isn't a cobra. But I wanted the bumper.

that is really cool of you and looks good. I saw a white Cobra in poway or so I thought... until it got next to me and as it was turning I saw 1 little nubby exhaust pipe pooping out from under the back bumper... (i.e. it was a V6)

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I really like the look of that..was actually thinking of doing that myself. But I may just do the front bumper and hood and save myself some $$ seeing how you said it was lots of work to fill in the Cobra part.

Users who are viewing this thread