Is this a Tremec input shaft???

Brad D

Established Member
I recently bought what I thought was a new Tremec input shaft on eBay, but to me it looks like a viper spec input shaft (No part number or brand name visible on the one I got). I know the biggest difference between the 2 is the Tremec is made from 9310 and a lot of the aftermarkets are made from 8620. I know this is a broad question, but can anybody that has installed a Tremec input shaft or physically seen one confirm my suspicion? Every Tremec input shaft I've seen the diameter seems to neck down after the splines. My next step is going to be to bring it to work and have a PMI done on the shaft so I will know exactly what the material is. Just trying to get all the information I can before messaging the company I bought it from, so I have a valid argument. I will attach 2 links, the first link will be where I bought the shaft from and the second will be a link to the one, I think I received. Any help I appreciated, Thank you.

TREMEC T56 26 SPLINE INPUT SHAFT 2003-04 FORD SVT MUSTANG COBRA TUFM6132 KIT | eBay

Attachments

• input shaft.jpg
    input shaft.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 64

Users who are viewing this thread