Is this a good deal???

IceMans93Cobra

Established Member
I have found a 96 Cobra white with black leather it looks mint and drives very nice. With 57K miles. They are asking $14,999 does that sound like a good deal???

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by IceMans93Cobra
I have found a 96 Cobra white with black leather it looks mint and drives very nice. With 57K miles. They are asking $14,999 does that sound like a good deal???

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
Sounds Great. If he haggles, it's about $1,500 over Kelley Blue Book... If it's had the cooling upgrade and any mods, $15K sounds reasonable to me.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Re: Re: Is this a good deal???

Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Sounds Great. If he haggles, it's about $1,500 over Kelley Blue Book... If it's had the cooling upgrade and any mods, $15K sounds reasonable to me.

Good point Jimbo. The cooling fix and rear sway bar fix should be done. If they aren't then you have some room to barter. The 98 sway bar was the fix, can't remember about the radiator. Although the 96's just got a better radiator when they got "fixed".

SC Cobra

Established Member
It sounds like a great deal, but before you decide to pick up this car, ask the owner if there any, and i mean any types of problems with it.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
whats up with cooling problems on cobra? I've never heard that. If it hasn't been fixed what needs to be done.

thanks

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
For just replaced the radiators in some 96-97 models since they were overheating. It is still Ford stuff, infact I think it is a 98 radiator they used.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
'96 Overheating:

TSB #96-25-12 ($1,347 upgrade) Includes larger radiator ('97 model I believe), larger cooling fan, a revised A/C condensor and all hardware. On some Cobra's that had this work done, the honeycomb style grille insert was also removed to allow more airflow.

Also, most banks will (at least in my experiences) only go off of the NADA book value, not the Kelly.

Users who are viewing this thread