Is this a good deal? Cobra Brembos for $149.00 (F&R)

Mikw4

Established Member
I'd say thats a hell of a deal. Ones that i've seen, not including Brembo (which tend to be more expensive), were $150 just for the front.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
yeah my friend johnny's ordered some brembo's for his supra and his corolla off ebay dont remember which seller but they are authentic brembo's

UD LOSE

I'd rather be blown.
Established Member
If they are REAL Brembos, why do they include the following statement:

"We use the same proven methods as braking giants such as Brembo and Zimmerman."

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
heres the line that "cracks" me up....

"We use the same proven methods as braking giants such as Brembo and Zimmerman. These are proven techniques and rigorously tested. We warranty our parts against warping and cracking for 90 days"

they straight up admit they arent real brembos, then proceed to say they only warranty them from cracking and warping for 3 months. Thats about when shit will start to go wrong. nothing is gonna happen b4 90 days.

mwarrior

Established Member
Correction: They ARE real Brembos (if it says "BREMBO" on them). HOWEVER, Brembo does NOT cross drill AND slot their rotors. The ONLY reason these say "Brembo" on them is because they were sold by Brembo as OEM replacements, and then drilled/slotted by whoever bought them/sold them on ebay.

If you read Brembo's site you'll see their drilled OR slotted rotors are zinc plated as well. So, while they may have originally been "real" Brembos, after drilling and slotting them they lose the structural integrity they had, hence, not the same Brembos and not anything Brembo would sell.

Most of that information's from a Brembo rep I asked about that very same thing while putting a GP together :)

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
1. They are REAL BREMBO'S. They buy mass quantity blank rotors, and they drill and cross drill them themselves. They use the CNC Machine. THEY WILL CRACK, and BRAKE! DO NOT GET THOSE IF YOU WANT PERFORMANCE, I would say for looks okay.

mwarrior

Established Member
WhiteSaleen: Isnt that what I said? ;) What they buy are the ones that Brembo sells intended for OEM replacement and not meant to be drilled or slotted :) Crack? Almost guaranteed.

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
Originally posted by mwarrior
WhiteSaleen: Isnt that what I said? ;) What they buy are the ones that Brembo sells intended for OEM replacement and not meant to be drilled or slotted :) Crack? Almost guaranteed.

Sorry, you jus wrote to much, I was lazy to read .. CREDIT GIVEN TO YOU MY GOOD MAN! :rockon:

mwarrior

Established Member
:D You'd be surprised how many people dont realize it though :) They say "It says Brembo so it MUST be real". OR, "Why would I buy Brembo Cobra rotors for around $500 when I can get the same from eBay that're cross drilled AND slotted for $200?" :|

Users who are viewing this thread