Is this 93 cobra for sale a rip off?

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
There is wayyyy too little information provided to be able to tell if it is or isn't. 100,000+ miles isn't ideal, but it is extremely low for a car made in 1993. If it was maintained properly, I wouldn't be concerned with those miles.
Find out the mods, and check out the car in person. 8k seems like a reasonable offer to me. From what I've seen, I doubt the car is worth the 11k he is asking. If it's stock, I wouldn't pay a dime over 7k...but that's just me. And I still feel like that's being a bit generous.
Oh, and always be weary of someone "in a rush" to sell. People are just hard to trust these days.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ THIS! Especially the part about being wary of someone "in a rush" to sell. That price is going to have to come down quite a bit. JMO.

98slowbra

Established Member
I think it is a bit to high, I sold my 98 chrome yellow mustang cobra with TF wheels and 76k miles for $8500. So $11k is a bit to high, I would say $6k for this.

paynecasey

Established Member
Yea the miles aren't ideal. But it's 20 mins from me. I asked if stock or with a maintenance record. After his response I'll hit him with $6,000 for high mileage when he's ready to sell.

Has to have some value though being the first of the Cobra era 1993 - 2003.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Better be a cobra R for that price.

Too much money for a 100+mile 20+ year old car.

paynecasey

Established Member
Email response

Performance parts are shorty headers, off-road h pipe, flowmasters, bbk cold air intake, electric fan, upr upper and lower rear control arms, MSD ignition, MSD distributor, strut tower brace, short throw shifter. I have a book with every document and receipt for the car.

Thoughts? To be stock is more valuable. Don't want the car now. So hard these days to find stock sports cars.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Some classic car dealer around here wanted 20k for a similar set up about a year ago. I'd say if it's a legit cobra... You've got a decent deal depending on condition.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
that mod list is nothing to be scared of....it's actually pretty minimal when you really think about it

I'd say stick with your idea of offering 6 - 7k and see how desperate he is to sell

paynecasey

Established Member
Deal dead after asking $7,000

"No thanks. You offered $8000 earlier. If it doesn't sell today, I'm gonna
keep it. I was selling to buy a bike but the guy just sold it, so I'm not
gonna rush and sell it for a low offer when I know the car is worth more.
"

straightliner1

Established Member
Some classic car dealer around here wanted 20k for a similar set up about a year ago. I'd say if it's a legit cobra... You've got a decent deal depending on condition.

This ^

Go by and look at the car in person first before passing judgment. All of those mods can be reversed fairly easily if so desired. If you can get into the car for $6-7K and maybe flip it even, win-win.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Geez. 6-8k is what everyone wants for a clean lx 5.0 around here...

Absolutely. It may take a while, but if that 93 Cobra is in good shape, it's at least a $10,000 car.

I completely understand there are a ton of people here who don't care much for Foxes. I also completely understand that when you look at the nuts and bolts of a Fox, you can get a much "better buy" on a nice SN95 Cobra with better brakes, suspension etc. But the fact is that nice Foxes do indeed sell for comparably big money. There's a crowd that really appreciates them, and there is a special "something" to them that alot of people just like. I'm one of them. But like I said, I also completely understand how people who aren't Fox Fans would much rather spend the same money on nicer/newer Mustangs.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
this site in general is absurd with the lowballers, so asking what people think something is worth around here is kind of a joke to be honest, and i've never even sold a vehicle on here. People start talking about flipping a car after buying it, if you are saying a certain price to flip it then obviously the car is worth more.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
this site in general is absurd with the lowballers, so asking what people think something is worth around here is kind of a joke to be honest, and i've never even sold a vehicle on here. People start talking about flipping a car after buying it, if you are saying a certain price to flip it then obviously the car is worth more.

You can get a lower mileage 01 for 11k :shrug: I like foxes, used to own a notch, but the fox cobras are way overpriced.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
You can get a lower mileage 01 for 11k :shrug: I like foxes, used to own a notch, but the fox cobras are way overpriced.

We're talking about the very first year ford made the mustang COBRA... And they only made that style one year.. I think the numbers are somewhere around 4-5000 in total. That alone makes it a rare car and boosts salability.

Users who are viewing this thread