Is this 1993 SVT Ford Apparel?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Both items have Ford Apparel tags and I came across a website that had one of these hats for sale and it said "1993 SVT Cobra, first year hat - Rare".

I thought you guys would know for sure............

006.jpg

Thanks, R

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I've never seen it before. Do they have a Ford Licensed mark on them?

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Hello Robert. I have that hat and looking at it right now. The tag inside says Official Sportswear then underneath that it says Quality made in the USA and underneath that is the blue Ford logo. I am pretty sure its from around 1993 when the first Cobra came out and I bought it soon after getting my 93 Cobra new. Mine is like that photo looks brand new. All my Cobra R apparel which I sold most of on SVTP recently and other Cobra apparel was purchased only from 1993-1998. I do have another Cobra hat that I believe did come out before that one but not sure. Its white with a black bill and has Cobra in black stitched letters with the Snake coming out from the "O" in Cobra.

robertlyons

Established Member
That cap is more associated with the 1994, but as long as it doesn’t have the open road logo (that’s pure 93), you’re OK to associate the early 94 merchandise with the 93.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
That cap is more associated with the 1994, but as long as it doesn’t have the open road logo (that’s pure 93), you’re OK to associate the early 94 merchandise with the 93.

Wow Robert its been a long time since we had our 93 Cobra shows if I remember were at Round Valley reservoir. I still have the pics from all the 93's lined up. And still have the SVTOA shirts from then. You pretty much started it all back then. Hope you are well. Steve C.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

This is the Open Road logo you are talking about?

016.jpg

017.jpg

I knew that was on the earliest of SVT items, but I did not know when it stopped. For some reason I though I saw it on some 1995 Cobra SVT documentation that I had, but that was a long time ago and I def. could be wrong.....

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hello Robert. I have that hat and looking at it right now. The tag inside says Official Sportswear then underneath that it says Quality made in the USA and underneath that is the blue Ford logo. I am pretty sure its from around 1993 when the first Cobra came out and I bought it soon after getting my 93 Cobra new. Mine is like that photo looks brand new. All my Cobra R apparel which I sold most of on SVTP recently and other Cobra apparel was purchased only from 1993-1998. I do have another Cobra hat that I believe did come out before that one but not sure. Its white with a black bill and has Cobra in black stitched letters with the Snake coming out from the "O" in Cobra.

^^^^Ok, thanks.^^^^

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
If anyone is interested in the shirt and hat shown in the first post, they are for sale. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks, Robert

Users who are viewing this thread