Is there a legit background checking website?

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm looking to do a background check on someone, looking for criminal background. The problem is all the sites seem cheesy with the exact same screens telling you they found shocking information, you need to be 18 because it's so shocking. Then they want you to pay a subscription fee that autorenews monthly unless you call. I assume that's almost impossible to make happen.

Anyone have a good suggestion? I tried the KBI website and it turns up nothing but the person in question has told me they ve been in trouble with the law and would like to get their record expunged. So I must be missing something.

Thanks

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Whats the reason for the background check?

See if you can log into the person’s resident or past resident county court website, then go to the clerk of courts to see if he/she has any court records. Check nearby counties as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
If you want a thorough check I'd just pay a PI, it will probably cost a couple hundred bucks, but you will get everything...I would only do this if it were absolutely necessary, like perhaps a girl you are thinking of getting serious with, proposing too etc....or its a potential business partner, things of that nature where you don't want any question marks on their character.

jrandy

Established Member
FYI - if anyone is ever dealing with a company that makes it a PITA to cancel, just tell them you've recently moved to California. Part of the CCPA makes it so companies can't make people jump through hoops to cancel anything. However, you must be a California resident.

Also works for data deletion requests. You email any company and state you're a CA resident, they have to delete the data they have on you.

_Snake_

Established Member
I used truthfinder.com earlier this year and ran a check on myself. Although there was some cheese (verify you’re 18 because the results are shocking!), I found it was accurate and would recommend it. I paid for the membership to get access then cancelled it online after I had what I needed. Never had a billing issue afterwards.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I used truthfinder.com earlier this year and ran a check on myself. Although there was some cheese (verify you’re 18 because the results are shocking!), I found it was accurate and would recommend it. I paid for the membership to get access then cancelled it online after I had what I needed. Never had a billing issue afterwards.

If you have to run a background check on yourself to find out what you've done, might be time to quit drinking.

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
If you have to run a background check on yourself to find out what you've done, might be time to quit drinking.

I know what I’ve done. I didn’t know what would show up. LOL

Edited to add: My sister created and manages little league baseball for kids on the spectrum and has to run legit background checks on every volunteer. The site she uses is expensive and access is limited. Her results matched truthfinders exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread