Is there a difference between various manufacturers X-pipes?

bborder

Established Member
I'm trying to decide on an X-pipe w/ cats but not sure if one brand is better than another with regards to performance. They all seem really similar so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me otherwise. I'm looking at the Magnaflow, Bassani, BBK & Steeda. Any comments?

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
Well, based on what I saw and my conversation with a Bassani project manager when I picked up my kit, the Bassani cats flow more than the pipe they're attached to, plus everything is in 5 pieces which may make it somewhat easier to install.

I like the Magnaflow sound and it reportedly has a better X crossover and makes slightly more torque, but doesn't have the ultimate flow potential of the Bassani unit (although i've not seen any hard proof).

Don't know about the BBK or Steeda unit, but i heard Steeda's is a OEM Bassani (wasn't clear if that was the cat pipe or cat back).

FlashSVT

Established Member
I like the Magnaflow sound and it reportedly has a better X crossover and makes slightly more torque, but doesn't have the ultimate flow potential of the Bassani unit (although i've not seen any hard proof).
Magnaflow uses Car Sound cats which are just about the best cats in the business. The LS1 guys rave over them and there are a ton of catalytic flow tests on LS1.com.

Users who are viewing this thread