Is the raptor not built by svt?

JAVILOPE

Established Member
i just picked up the new raptor and i dont see any svt badging anywhere. My lightning has svt badges all over it and the gen 1 raptors do too, but i dont see any on this one. Does anyone know anything?

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Their website says it an SVT Performance vehicle. At least it did 3 months ago. I would assume it still is.

Car and Driver says it's an SVT too.

Edit: I see Heni and Shelby make one too.

Last edited:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
^^^^ so sadly the 20 year old brand "SVT" is completely dead. That's why it says Ford Performance, on your door sill. What they did makes total sense, just at the expense of a brand we are all very familiar with.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So,........if the Raptor isn't a SVT vehicle anymore, why couldn't someone just walk into ANY Ford dealership and order one? I don't understand that allocation stuff on vehicles that are not "specialty vehicles".
Unless I have it all wrong and you can walk into any Ford dealership and order one?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm not sure on Raptor total units. I would imagine it would be limited only by the number parts by a third party supplier.
I'm guessing they will sell about 15k units this year.
If it's like the GT350 any dealer that wants at least 1 Raptor will get 1 or more raptors. However the dealer has to sign up before a customer can walk in and order one.

Yes dealers will need an allocation to special order one for a costumer. Yes most dealers will have the ability to order a Raptor. The big question is if they've sold out of all their Raptor allocations for the year. If they have you can find a different dealer or order their first allocation for next year.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
/\ What he said. I contacted about 40 dealerships to find mine. But only because I refused to pay an ADM.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Ford performance vehicles are allocated to dealers (raptor, RS, GT350 etc). Your don't want to make too many, and over saturate the market, also a huge influence on "fun" vehicle production.... CAFE.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I think the raptor will indeed be my next daily. I dread going through what I did to buy my 2014 gt500 but I'll be willing to accept a few different colors this time. I'll buy from any dealer that has a blue black or white one with the $93xx package and not much more at or around msrp but not over. Basically around $60k.
I'll be getting real serious about it next year around summer or fall of 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread