Is The Mid Atlantic Cobra Assocociation Still Alive??

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey JR, good to hear from you. We were just in Gettysburg last week taking the bus tour with friends, and when we got to the Pennsylvania Memorial, I showed them the photo of your cruse. They almost fell off the top deck of the bus!
Good to hear about Denise, when are you gonna retire?

Hey Greg...

I have a little while yet. I’m 50. Plan is 59. Denice will probably be tired of retirement by the time I do. Lol.
She watches one of the grand babies a few days a week and keeps an eye on her mom. Her dad passed in 2012.
Saw you retired over a year ago. Good for you !!!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey JR, good to hear from you. We were just in Gettysburg last week taking the bus tour with friends, and when we got to the Pennsylvania Memorial, I showed them the photo of your cruse. They almost fell off the top deck of the bus!
Good to hear about Denise, when are you gonna retire?

Hey Greg...

I have a little while yet. I’m 50. Plan is 59. Denice will probably be tired of retirement by the time I do. Lol.
She watches one of the grand babies a few days a week and keeps an eye on her mom. Her dad passed in 2012.
Saw you retired over a year ago

LeadFoot_Cobra

Established Member
Shows how much I log in now to the forums, just now seeing this. I'm still around, and still got the 2003 Cobra, Has around 115k miles now, but just sits a lot these days (Take it out every weelend when I can). I bought a 2017 Focus RS as my daily driver now, and a 2017 Yamaha R1 as my fun toy. Glad to see a lot of the crew doing well.

LeadFoot_Cobra

Established Member
Limped the Cobra home after that stunt Greg lol. The belt blew at the top of 4th gear, and destroyed the tensioner after it balled up against it. Scotty did slow up for me to trail him till I got to my exit. Put a laser align tool after that scary moment, and noticed S.C Pulley was out of alignment, so doing all those WOT punches that day, on a worn belt, just opened a can of worms.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
I like beer.
I make beer for a living?! Still have my 99 cobra but it's a rolling chasis. Not sure if I'll ever build it back up again. It's been sitting in an enclosed trailer with 54k original miles. Parted out the motor and transmission. Just bought a 2013 Land cruiser and am about to dump a bunch of money into it for overlanding. I still think about you guys though... sigh. I miss the good old days. Hope everyone is doing well.

98mdsnake

Established Member
Hey everyone!! Haven't posted in here since 2007. Moved to VA and two kids later I finally just bought another cobra. I pick it up on Saturday. 2001 laser red coupe with 80k miles. Come spring I'm down for any GTG's.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Forgot this thread existed. FWIW, Dwight sent out a notice on Facebook about a reunion.

Save the Date! MACA Reunion Sunday, April 23, 2023

Hey Folks. Although MACA as an organization did not begin until 2004, a bunch of us with Mustang Cobras began getting together in the fall of 2003. Thought it would be awesome if we could get together for a 20th reunion of sorts.

Totally understand that many of us no longer have Cobras or GT500s, and thus this event is geared as much for a gathering of people than SVT products. Members are totally welcome to bring their current performance car, regardless of lineage. Just be great to get everybody back together again.

Still have some fine tuning to do, but the event will be on Sunday, April 23, 2023 and will start at 9:00am at a specific location to be determined in Crofton, Md, right off route 50. The first 3 hours will be a "drop in" meet and greet, and at noon or so, we'll go for our traditional cruise, and finish up with lunch for those that are in for the long haul.

Users who are viewing this thread