Is the Gen 5 Whipple 3.0 a direct swap from previous 2.9 Crusher units?

GM2Ford

Established Member
Is this blower a direct plug and play? I have a Gen 2 Whipple 2.9 Crusher now and there were a flew small modifications I had to do to get it to fit perfect.

When I installed the Gen 2 Crusher... I mean stuff was tight, but it's good now. I had to install the "Cobra Engineering IAC Relocator Plate," had to notch the underside hood, had to make injector harness extensions for the injectors under the crusher inlet for ease of connect/disconnect etc. It was sorta a pain in the beginning.

...and now

I'm debating on picking up a Gen 5 Whipple 3.0, and I haven't really heard or seen people posting about "installing them specifically." Also, I'm wondering since I already have a Crusher unit on my car, would I need to re-tune my car or not? I'd still be using all the same MAF & fuel stuff.

Thanks.

cj428mach

Established Member
I believe the gen 5 comes with an iac relocation bracket so they didn't fix that. Supposedly it has better hood clearance than the previous gens, and I've never heard of extending injector harnesses with a crusher.

03CRUSHER

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah maybe TPS harness extension but I didn’t have to extend the injector harness at any given point. I had a Gen 3 crusher.

GM2Ford

Established Member
I believe the gen 5 comes with an iac relocation bracket so they didn't fix that. Supposedly it has better hood clearance than the previous gens, and I've never heard of extending injector harnesses with a crusher.

I have a GT harness modified for a 03/04 engine, so it was maybe just something I had to do personally then.

Yeah maybe TPS harness extension but I didn’t have to extend the injector harness at any given point. I had a Gen 3 crusher.

Now that I think of it, my TPS pigtail is a bit stretched to reach the connector on the crusher, but nothing too alarming.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'd imagine there are no "specific" mods outside of what you have already done for the gen 2. For the gen 4 I needed to: cut the hood, relocate iac using cobra engineering adapter and extend the harness for the tps

Users who are viewing this thread