Is Pegasus Auto Racing the best place for build it yourself BLACK teflon fuel lines?

Droppintwins

Established Member
I am looking into running all the lines for my e85 build very soon and am curious if i have any options with what i can buy. I do not want the braided stainless hose. I like the look and finish of the black hose much better!

Tractionless1

Established Member
Lethal has black non stainless E85 safe hose. It's what I and many others use. I was just there yesterday buying more to move my regulator into the wheel well. The ends push in by hand if you use a little silicone spray on the fitting.

Last edited:

willis414

Established Member
Go to "plumbingmonkey.com" use the Goodridge 825 series hose and 811 series reusable fittings. The Goodridge hose is lighter and has a tighter bend radius than the hose lethal sells and the fittings are black/silver and very easy to assemble. I had lethals hose and fittings when ordered my fuel system I didn't care for them so I returned that portion. The fittings lethal sent me were a push on with a crimp collar which requires a crimping tool for assembly.

Last edited:

Bad Company

Established Member
If you're running this hose in tight areas and need it to bend short radius then use the site listed above and buy the Goodridge 910 series hose and reusable fittings. This is the same exact hose Pegasus is selling but at a cheaper price when you start comparing the prices of the hose and reusable fittings. You want a PTFE lined smooth bore hose, otherwise you will have fuel vapor permeation and the car will have a constant odor of fuel. If you park it in a garage, the odor will be obnoxious with any other hose. Stay away from the Eaton/Aeroquip Starlite hose as it permeates fuel vapor also.

Droppintwins

Established Member
Awesome! That is a huge help as I was planning to use Startlite hose! I will check out the Goodridge hose and go with that! I'm glad I asked!

Bad Company

Established Member
Awesome! That is a huge help as I was planning to use Startlite hose! I will check out the Goodridge hose and go with that! I'm glad I asked!
I listened to someone and installed Starlite hose and my car reeks of fuel whenever it is parked in an enclosed area. A lot of people will say Starlite is approved for E85 and it is. But it also allows the permeation of hydrocarbons through its inner tube, so it will reek with the smell of the gasoline component of E85. I called Eaton/Aeroquip's tech line to verify this and they flat out told me that the Starlite will permeate fuel vapors through the liner after my car stunk so bad. The Eaton/Aeroquip tech rep also told me that hoses made with an inner liner with the lowest possible permeation rate on the market is a PTFE Teflon lined hose. He said if I want to get rid of the odor that I would have to install all new hoses with the PTFE liner on the car. The problem is using this material for the liner tube usually increases the bend radius substantially. Goodridge makes the 811 and 910 series hoses with a smooth bore liner, but the outer layer of the liner is convoluted to allow it to bend a much tighter radius than any other brand of standard PTFE Teflon hose on the market. The 811 series hose has a stainless steel braided cover. The 910 series hose has an Aramid braided cover. Aramid has the same exact properties as the Kelvar and Nomex used in the braided cover of Starlite hose. In fact the Aramid material is the base material that Kelvar and Nomex is made from. The only thing wrong with the Goodridge hose is the price of it, when you compare it to Starlite. It is roughly 250% more expensive to use. I plan on changing my car to the Goodridge 910 shortly. Also remember that no sanctioning racing body approves of either Starlite or Goodridge 910 series hose to run through the interior of the car. If you need to run through the interior you must use the 811 series hose with its stainless steel braided cover.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Go to "plumbingmonkey.com" use the Goodridge 825 series hose and 811 series reusable fittings. The Goodridge hose is lighter and has a tighter bend radius than the hose lethal sells and the fittings are black/silver and very easy to assemble. I had lethals hose and fittings when ordered my fuel system I didn't care for them so I returned that portion. The fittings lethal sent me were a push on with a crimp collar which requires a crimping tool for assembly.

Haha you mean end nippers? They can be had at any hardware store and you should be using clamps on any hose that is push to fit anyway.

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
go with goodridge for sure. it is what im running on my car and I love it. It was not cheap though. I got mine from pegasus.

Droppintwins

Established Member
Has anyone used "235 Series e85 Black Nylon Hose" made by Redhorse Performance? They currently are offering a 10% discount on all of their products. A buddy of mine turned me onto them but has never used them so I am curious! (much cheaper than goodridge)

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Has anyone used "235 Series e85 Black Nylon Hose" made by Redhorse Performance? They currently are offering a 10% discount on all of their products. A buddy of mine turned me onto them but has never used them so I am curious! (much cheaper than goodridge)

I'm interested to see any opinions on that hose as well. Anyone know if that dual layer Epichlorohydrin and Fluoroelastomer inner core is as non-permeable as ptfe?

cj428mach

Established Member
Fore said they will have some black kevlar braided ptfe line available the first 1/4 of 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread