Is it true.........

Andy M

Established Member
It would not surprise me.... I had not heard that before now though?.. hmmm? interesting? If it is true? I wonder where they keep them and what they are doing with them? moth-balled?? toys for upper management? I wonder?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by clarksniper
: False, Ford has the #1 car in storage in Dearborn. Their fleet carrier has car #3.

What are they gona do with #1? just save it?

R-CODE

Established Member
Ford Motor Co.

Hello Clarksniper glad to see you again on the site are you still an active member? And are you and your brother going to keep the R's? Sorry about your misfortune of your loved one. Hope to hear from you two again keep in touch.:chicken:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Actually any 00R's that Ford puts into fleet service counts in the 300 count. I have noticed though that many of the "00R's" that Ford has are not real 00R's according to the vin but are either Cobra's or GT's that are built up to look like Cobra R's. Probably were development cars.

I also know that Ford got rid of most of them and you will see them in various racing series next year. I think they kept 2 or 3.

JKCOBRA98

Established Member
I was talking to a guy that drives the transport for the SVT group and he told me that they have the first seven 00R's as well..

The one that made it to the last few FFW events was #7

The one that was wrecked at the Woodward dream cruise was #3.. Most all the R's that Ford kept are at Roush.. That is where he loads and unloads the R's and red and white racing Cobra that has been in most the mags.

He did say that one of the seven and he didn't know the number was still being driven around and taken home by one of the executives from the racing/Team Mustang/SVT group.

That is what I heard in late September..

Matt

clarksniper

: Thanks for the thoughts R-Code:)

Max was there when they wrecked the car on Fri. morning at the
cruise. I guess the guy was pulling a hole shot and lost it. He went over the median and hit a tree or something, he was fine but the car was bad off. Max could tell you more about it.
I am sorry to be selling my R, but will most likely join the club again when the next model comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread