Is it possible to put a class v hitch on the Raptor?

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I want to use the raptor as my tow vehicle and play truck can I put a class V hitch on it? I am selling my mustang and in the process of picking up a 2009 GT 500KR black with ghost black decals. The Raptor is black and gray and my My dad is kind enough to lend me his f250 Thunder A&J package turbo dessel 6.0 with Banks 6 gun PDA is Red and gray and an 06. I would rather use my own truck. That is why I am trying to figure out what class hitch it comes with my dealer couldn't tell me because he really was not sure.

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
I am sure the Raptor will come equipped with a class III hitch, I don't know if you can get better than that for a half ton or not but I doubt it.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I researched and found the answer it is no. The most you can haul including vehicle weight is 11,300 pounds. So you are only able to tow around 5,000 pounds if the trailer is made out of carbon fiber than you are able to pull the car. I hope this helps anyone else that would like to get this to pull there Shelby. The only way that will happen is if you can get you car trailer made of carbon fiber.

dajohu

Established Member
With the official tow rating of 6,000 lbs you are limited somewhat with what you can do. You are right about not being easy to pull a car within the weight limit. However with that said I do not think it would be that bad if you go over a bit, especially if it is not that often or not very long of a trip.

My trialer is 1800 lbs empty so I could only put a car of about 4200 on it, which is not very practical since I am usually pulling someone elses car and have no control over what it is or how much it weighs. I am not worried if I overload it a bit for the few miles I pull vehicles back and forth. I will take it easy and if I think the rear is sagging too much I will keep the car back on the trailer as much as possible.

If you are planning to pull a car all of the time and over thousands of miles then you will need to watch the weight a little more. A lighter trailer would help to stay under the limit in your case.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Hmmm that kinda sucks I was thinking one would make a hell of a tow vehicle I guess the suspension just isn't set up for it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Get a featherlite trailer. All aluminum and will greatly lower the towing weight of your car/trailer combo.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Hmmm that kinda sucks I was thinking one would make a hell of a tow vehicle I guess the suspension just isn't set up for it.

That is correct, it is mostly suspension limited.

Get a featherlite trailer. All aluminum and will greatly lower the towing weight of your car/trailer combo.

That would be my recommendation.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
Well the hitch is a three/ four I think if I tighten the rear suspension. It should be ok four 7500 pounds

glenner

glenner
Established Member
My steel trailer is so low that I can get my Steeda on it with race ramps and that is it nothing else.

glenner

glenner
Established Member
I use the steel trailer because it is the only one that has a 6 and a half foot dove tail and I have seven foot ramps and 65 inch race ramp extenders to get the car on the trailor without rubbing or scrapping. The trailor weighs 3,000 pounds by itself empty.

Users who are viewing this thread