Is it possible to hit 340 to 350 at the wheel with the following mods?

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
I have an 01 vert cobra with just flowmaster mufflers and 100mm denscecharger and I am hitting 288 rwhp and 285 rwtq. Could I hit 340 to 350 at the wheel with the following mods:
shorty headers, JMS flip chip, pro-m 80mm maf, dr. gas x with high flow cats, polished and ported intake, U/D pullies? Or does anybody have another idea? If I could hit 340 to 350 at the wheel, I dont think I would need a blower. Maybe and I mean maybe a 75 to 100 shot of badger milk.

JC

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Funny, I was wondering that exact same thing today! NO bull-sh*tting, I want the same myself.
It seems that the most of the 99 and 01 owners with those mods are getting 320's at the best with dyno tuning. Not to bad, I'd be happy. Well I'm starting out with Long Tubes as soon as they get here, I cann't wait to see what they sound like with the FR500 cat back.:burnout:

No one is hacking into these computer on this board, or at least no ones talking about it. I believe theres 20 or so more hp and or torque with the right code hacking. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Hey JC..

Kenny Brown Performance's Club Sport Racer has a Cobra crate motor, FR500 heads, FR500 Magnesium intake and is putting 350 hp to the ground...

btw.. have you gotten your struts yet??

Later..

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Todd, they are killin me. I havent got em yet. I have a KB STB and the KB caster plus just sitting in the garage waiting to go on when I get the struts. I need the struts bad. The atlanta SVTOA is having a cruise in the N. Georgia mountains in less than a month and a trip to the tail of the dragon (311 turns) in Tenn. I want everything on so I can see what the snake can do in the turns. Have you gotten yours yet?

JC

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
Hey JC,

Check the corral forums under SVT/DOHC - There is a guy who put up dyno sheets to the tune of 330RWHP with all those mods and short tube JBA's.

Another idea which will surely get you the 350 is to pull the heads and have them angle milled .010 for some extra compression. I think you'll see a big improvement when you P&P the intake.

Bill

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by JC'S01COBRA
Todd, they are killin me. I havent got em yet. I have a KB STB and the KB caster plus just sitting in the garage waiting to go on when I get the struts. I need the struts bad. The atlanta SVTOA is having a cruise in the N. Georgia mountains in less than a month and a trip to the tail of the dragon (311 turns) in Tenn. I want everything on so I can see what the snake can do in the turns. Have you gotten yours yet?

JC

No.. still waiting. Maybe this week? I also have a KB STB and caster plus waiting to go on. We have an SVTOA On Track here in Indy 9/20-9/22, so I hope to have them on for that.

Where abouts is that cruise? I used to live in Buford, I worked at Motorola in Lawrenceville..

Later..

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
JC

I would lose the flowmasters with the X-pipe and go for a muffler with a straight thru design (Bassani, Magnaflow, Borla's).

My buddy has 01 Mineral Grey coupe with the flowmaster cat-back and picked up only 5RWHP over stock. He recently added an offroad H and is now making around 289 RWHP (About 8RWHP from the pipe).

My FR-500 cat-back made more power than his catback and offroad pipe. However, his car sounds amazing.

Bill

Tim Lester

Established Member
I would say it is very possible to get to the 340 to 350 mark.
I would lose the flows and get a straight through mufflers,and instead of head porting I would go with cams.
Like SlvrSnke01 said (Frank Peterson AKA blk01 cobra is making 330 HP so yes I think it can and will in the near future.:)
Tim.

Users who are viewing this thread