Is it lame to put

Driver72

Established Member
2010/2011 GT500 wheels on a 2011 GT?

I like the looks of the stock 2010/2011 GT500 wheels and like that they are 1/2 wider than the 19 x 9 inch Brembo Brake package wheels on the 2011 GT. This allows going to wider tires in the rear. They are also forged (and though nobody seems to know) are presumably lighter as well.

But I don't know if it will look lame or like a poseur doing so?
It's not like I'd be trying to pretend it's a GT500 (not going to get the GT500 bumpers or tail (now that would look poseur-ish).

But not sure if just putting the wheels on would?

Thoughts?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i'm not sure why it would look lame/poser when there is such a large difference between the looks of the 2 cars to begin with. in the end, who gives a damn about anyone. if you want GT500 wheels on your GT, then put GT500 wheels on your GT.
those wheels are straight up SICK, BTW.

351inside

Established Member
i would do it! i cant afford those wheels though... i will however get the back bumper insert and wing in a couple of weeks...

Swaie

Established Member
It's a go...There is a girl that has some on her car here and it really looks good. It's almost looks like it was an upgrade option.

cgjarvis

Established Member
Guys have been putting Cobra R wheels on their mustangs for years. No one will care. If it looks good...go with it.

It is only a poser thing if ya put shebly, roush, or Saleen crap all over it. And then pretend it is such...

Put them on. It will look great.

Driver72

Established Member
Thanks guys.
Yeah I planned on putting the SVT wheels on months ago when I first was going to order my 11 GT (ended up waiting to make sure there were no early issues with the car and/or new engine first).

It was the first "mod" I was planning.
I didn't think it was lame either as I am not pretending or trying to make the 5.0 look or be a GT500.

I had competition M3 wheels on my 335i coupe and it looked great. Heck the wheel maker bought the car off of me afterward.

And yes, my 11 GT is in Sterling Grey and like sb03Cobra stated above I also thought it was one of the best colors for those wheels.

As for price, they seem to be selling in the $1500-1600 a set used off of a GT500 (more if the tires come with them).

Not sure of weight, I can't seem to be able to find any GT500 owners who've actually weighed them.
I'd expect them to be in the 26-27 lbs range.
The Brembo brake equipped 19 x 9 cast wheels are about 29.5 lbs so I'd hope the forged SVT wheels of only 1/2 wider would still be 2-3 lbs less each. Not a big deal, but it's the look I like best.

Driver72

Established Member
Just read in another post that someone who ordered a 2011 GT500 said the shipping weight on the wheels was 28 lbs if he remembered correctly.
So that should mean the wheels themselves are about 26.5-27 lbs. Right where I thought/guessed they'd be.

Driver72

Established Member
mmm SVTPP wheels are even better

They look good in person, but not as good in pics. Plus there are a several aftermarket wheels that have been out for years that Ford emulated with them, so I wouldn't pay the price they'd want for them.
Plus, I don't think they look as good as the regular GT500 wheels anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread