Is it just my area or are there a ton of Terminators on the Market?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Considering I just got a hellcat delivered with 15k miles for $61,400. Seems wild too me that a 03 cobra is $6k less?.. guess I’m glad I’ve got 2 of those too haha.
Exactly.

I paid north of that for our 350. I probably could have held out and found one with half the miles and a little less money.

I keep running the idea of selling the 93 reef blue hatch to make room for a 69 Camaro. But I don't really feel like losing money on it...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
Exactly.

I paid north of that for our 350. I probably could have held out and found one with half the miles and a little less money.

I keep running the idea of selling the 93 reef blue hatch to make room for a 69 Camaro. But I don't really feel like losing money on it...

Yeah that’s a tough call. I’m unsure about that one. Bigger garage anyone? Haha. Or I could watch after a car for you! ;)

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Same. I've wanted a 93 cobra for along time, but I don't want to spend 50k+ when I can get a lot more car. So we ended up with the 19 GT350.

I paid a lot for our 93 reef blue hatch which is stock except for a catback exhaust. It's definitely nostalgic, but really just a turd with rattle's lol. I paid enough that it would take the right buyer to break even. Probably won't get driven a lot.
7103dccb0f731465b1852c7ac52e3a87.jpg

Beautiful car.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

motoo344

Established Member
I think the idea that you can more car for the same price as a different car isn't a great comparison unless you want that other car. If I don't want those other cars then it doesn't really matter.

LS WUT

Established Member
I think the idea that you can more car for the same price as a different car isn't a great comparison unless you want that other car. If I don't want those other cars then it doesn't really matter.
Well of course. As it’s been stated before everyone’s financials are different. If someone wants to spend more money for an older classic car, by all means. I think we are just saying in creature comforts of it. For the same price of a 93 cobra in todays current market he got a Shelby GT350.

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Agreed. Just that once you hit the 50k Terminator mark a 50k 13-14 GT500 or GT350 seems like a performance bargain.

The terminator used to be an attractive bang for the buck but now it seems like your paying for nostalgia or the bucket list hype.

I do understand the premium for the classic stock mint car but I see these 30k+ mile used/modded terminators for 45k+ price tags and it just seems silly to me these days unless it CO of course ;)

But that’s just like..my opinion man

Last edited:

motoo344

Established Member
Agreed. Just that once you hit the 50k Terminator mark a 50k 13-14 GT500 or GT350 seems like a performance bargain.

The terminator used to be an attractive bang for the buck but now it seems like your paying for nostalgia or the bucket list hype.

I do understand the premium for the classic stock mint car but I see these 30k+ mile used/modded terminators for 45k+ price tags and it just seems silly to me these days unless it CO of course ;)

Agreed. I had a budget of $30k to get mine I feel like I could have stretched and gotten an earlier GT500 but I have wanted a Terminator since they came out.

Rambro

Established Member
I’ve owned my 03 since late 05. Bought mine for 26k after taxes, with 24k miles at a used car lot. I thank my lucky stars that I never let it go after all those times I considered selling. First for a C5Z, then a coyote mustang. The new stuff is very nice though, and priced competitively with the 03/04. My 15 gt 6r80 93 Lund tune is so nice and comfortable to daily, and also has the potential to be a monster on boost.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You can look back on my history posts on SVTP. And I stated, "None of the newer cars do anything for me, the newest mustang I'd consider owning is a 13-14 Shelby".

I could eat those words now. I love my 03 cobra, and have owned it since April of 2010. And I have no plans of selling it. But after driving the cobra and GT350 back to back it got me thinking. For one the 350 is so much more comfortable, I could have driven that car for hours.

I also believe years from now the GT350 will be even more desirable and a collector. Especially if the voodoo flat plane crank engine is done completely.

Yes there are other cars on my bucket list, one being a 93 cobra. I just can't get myself spending 50k+ on something I likely wouldn't enjoy driving as much. In fact, it probably wouldn't get driven all that much. I already feel that way with our 93 reef blue hatch. Which that car doesn't hold any sentimental value to me right now. I would probably sell it if someone came by and offered me a good amount of money.

Rambro

Established Member
Bdubbs, I was the same way until I drove an S550, after that I knew I had to have one. Also, congratulations on all the bad ass cars. Lol, you’ll never want to drive those stock fox bodies with a gt350 and a terminator on tap.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bdubbs, I was the same way until I drove an S550, after that I knew I had to have one. Also, congratulations on all the bad ass cars. Lol, you’ll never want to drive those stock fox bodies with a gt350 and a terminator on tap.
Thank you, I appreciate it! That's another reason why I thought about selling. Cars need to be driven and I feel that they will sit more often than not.

reason4treason

Established Member

I was just going to ask this, so thanks for your input. I see an '04 in the fabled mystic chrome with 79k miles that a dealership (North State Auto) in Cali wants $49,9 for. I get that they were overbuilt and inexpensively moddable back then, but.... Other than NOSTALGIA, and unless it has the quality of music that existed before catylitic converters ruined the symphony: why in 2022 would ANYONE spend even half that amount for something with half as many miles?

LS WUT

Established Member
I was just going to ask this, so thanks for your input. I see an '04 in the fabled mystic chrome with 79k miles that a dealership (North State Auto) in Cali wants $49,9 for. I get that they were overbuilt and inexpensively moddable back then, but.... Other than NOSTALGIA, and unless it has the quality of music that existed before catylitic converters ruined the symphony: why in 2022 would ANYONE spend even half that amount for something with half as many miles?
Well I suppose it’s the same reason why most hoarders hold onto items they shared any sort of interest with. I get the bang for your buck aspect. Yes, In todays society buying a lower mileage 03 cobra that’s stock let’s say costs about lower $30’s to high $30’s. At most random cases maybe a lower $40’s depending on a color, and how low the mileage truly is. You can get a 2018+ A10 speed GT that takes away your shifting, it’s got heated and cooled seats, brembo’s. The whole cake. Which is great where technology has become. I’m sure @Bdubbs can agree to this. That’s similar to saying why buy an older 65-69 mustang for nearly 6 figures (that’s not a restomod or built) that’s just merely low mileage. With the wonky steering, squishy drum brakes, etc? It’s merely because of what the car meant to you. Maybe a poster on the wall, saw the old HPtv shows, etc. I find myself in the ruffles all the time when it comes to these things. I’m often asked, why do you want so much HP, when will you ever truly get to use it? My answer generally comes back to. Not sure when, but I’ll know when I see an open road. My point being, yes things are expensive but If you want it, and or enjoy it. Then do it. If you’d prefer a car you see more of then by all means. I’m fortunate enough to have two 03 cobras, and a 13 GT500. I wanted the best of both worlds, and the market hasn’t got me to sell either one even if I’ll make a profit. Goodluck in your adventure sir.

Users who are viewing this thread