Is it just my area or are there a ton of Terminators on the Market?

ETH

Millennial Boomer
Established Member
Sorry for the generic post.
It seems like there are a ton in my area lately - not necessarily selling at these prices but listed.

Friend is considering pulling the trigger on one, but holy smokes has this market gone through a ride in the last couple years.

motoo344

Established Member
Cars, in general, are still up and it seems like enthusiast cars aren't going down anytime soon. So I would imagine a lot of people are cashing in on high pricing. I keep kicking around selling my 911 but realistically I will never get into one for what I paid again.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Once the recession is officially recognized, i can seen more correction in the market. I doubt it’ll be flea market pricing but better than it’s current May 22’ state but it wouldn’t be like 2008 either.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If you have a sports car and want top dollar, I wouldn't wait. Clues out there that we are past peak. The very high end stuff may keep doing well because of impending discontinuation.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just like a lot of cars lately. Did you guys see all the 93 cobras for sale this weekend at Mecum in Indianapolis?

Not too mention a lot of Shelby GT350's and newer Shelby GT500's.

And yeah the 03-04 cobras as well. Like mentioned, it's a seller's market.

Might as well try to get top dollar, because if you are looking to replace it with another, you'll likely pay top dollar lol.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
I've been seeing a lot for sale too. I've got a few guesses.
1. Let's say you've got a Terminator now with 30K to 100K or over miles. 5 year ago, or more, you'd be getting offers of $12K for the 100K mile car and $22K for the 30K mile car. Now, the 100K mile car is getting over $20K and the 30K mile car is getting over $30K. Lower mile cars are getting $40K-$50K and more.
2. Guys that bought cars years ago in hope of making a profit, this is their time. The last Mystichrome I had, I sold it and made a $20K profit after just holding onto it for just 18 months. I didn't want to sell but it was hard to turn down the offer.
3. Nowadays, these cars are no longer reliable daily drivers (compared to the newer cars) so if you've got a car just sitting around, people start to think really hard about unloading it and just using the money for something else, or a newer car.
4. Economy and the price of gas
5. Just life in general. People retire, want to buy a home or upgrade their home, new baby in life, etc.

Just a few of my thoughts.

phils04gt

Established Member
Nothing decent in northeast for sale. I would have to say money talks. People see they can make 5k+ on the sale, if not more. But there isn't much out there that you won't be having to pay a premium on so you make a decent buck on the sale but have to turn around and use it for new car. It's a wash. I haven't really seen an 03/04 cobra on the road in my area for 5+ years.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Nothing decent in northeast for sale. I would have to say money talks. People see they can make 5k+ on the sale, if not more. But there isn't much out there that you won't be having to pay a premium on so you make a decent buck on the sale but have to turn around and use it for new car. It's a wash. I haven't really seen an 03/04 cobra on the road in my area for 5+ years.
I think I have seen 2 Cobras in my area over the last 3-4 years. Mine being one of them. I literally NEVER see them on the road anymore.

robvas

Established Member
If you see a car for sale, let someone else buy it. Hopefully they will sink a couple grand into fixing it, tire of it, put it back up for sale around the same price and save you a bunch of trouble :)

D-MANN

Established Member
Well, there has been some local.

But in Canada there’s quite a few available on the west coast.

Where are finding these in the west coast for sale? I see more ads looking than for sale. On kijiji for example there’s probably six for sale across Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing decent in northeast for sale.

Maybe not in your neck of the woods.

This one is about 20 minutes from me

This one is about 30 minutes away

Also about 30 min, in a different direction.

Etc etc.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe not in your neck of the woods.

This one is about 20 minutes from me

This one is about 30 minutes away

Also about 30 min, in a different direction.

Etc etc.
Random question, but are anyones mods not tasteful. Lmao

Users who are viewing this thread