Is it just me or is 1320video unfocused these days?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I don't know the people behind 1320video and I'm just a casual viewer who likes their FB page for the occassion car/drag racing/performance videos.

But over the past few months, I've been noticing a higher and higher number of videos popping up on my Facebook feed from 1320video that seem almost entirely unrelated to motorsports.

In fact, yesterday, they had momentarily posted up video of the shooting in Virginia, which I thought was sort of ridiculous. Sometimes they have some videos loosely relating to engines and speed (aircraft for instance), but seems like there's been an over abundance of general "bro" content instead of drag racing/peformance car related content. Maybe their shifting their brand identity to just anything male entertainment oriented...

The easy solution of course is to just unlike their page if I don't like their content they post, but at the same time, they've also produced some pretty neat videos that I do genuinely enjoy watching. Granted, their business is their business, and their entitled to run it their way, but is it under new ownership? What's going on with the shift in focus?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I don't mind the fact every once in a while they post random shit, as long as 19/20 of their posts are car racing videos.

Tactical Shit does the same.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Well, I don't mind the occassional off topic video, but I feel like this past couple of months the shift has been excessively non car related. Maybe it's just been luck of the draw on my news feed...

Like I said, I can always click unlike, but they do have some legitimately produced racing videos I enjoy. Maybe then I should just subscribe to their YouTube instead...

Last edited:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Most FB groups especially cars make you go to another site with some form a click bait. It sucks.

I wonder how much money they make off of that type of shenanigans.

truefiveo

Established Member
I haven't been into 1320 vids since 2004.

These days I find myself watching all Youtube
Chris Harris
Shmee150
BrianZuk
SupercarsofAustria
TheSmokingTire
YouCar
Autocar
Cars

Oh and of course Jalopnik till death

Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I hate how all the videos they post take you to a webpage instead of the youtube link.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I think I'm going to just go the YouTube Subscription route. I really feel like 1320video has gone the way of Daily Mail or some other clickbait-esque website covered in banner ad vomit, so I legitimately wondered if they had changed ownership.

I get they need to make clicks and get visitors for money, but it's too bad if they have to resort to spammy antics to do so, because they used to have some pretty awesome original content - at least it seemed to be branded original content - and seems like these days my perception is they're just feeding their user base someone else's content for their own financial gain...

Eh...welcome to the internet I guess.

Blackness03

Established Member
I quit following them. I'm not going to another page to watch a video when I can just keep scrolling and someone else will have it embedded. And most of the time, if it's even worth watching i'll see it on a forum first.

HandBanana

Established Member
Apparently the racing video game is pretty lucrative as the dude that runs it has a freaking ZR-1 amongst other vehicles and a pretty nice house.

JJackson515

Established Member
Apparently the racing video game is pretty lucrative as the dude that runs it has a freaking ZR-1 amongst other vehicles and a pretty nice house.

he happens to live about 5 min away from me. he does well for himself, but up until this year he worked full time at a fortune 500 company doing pretty well. with as hard as he works, he deserve it.

Last edited:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
It's mostly clickbait BS if you ask me. 75% of 1320's posts are links that looks like a youtube video. If you click it takes you to carbuzz dot com (which I'm sure he owns) and then you can watch the video...which it likely some 3 year old shitty video.

Example: 6 hours ago on FB was "How in the world did they make it out of this alive?? Lamborghini Huracan CRASHES at 325km/h!"

I swear I've seen this already. I sadly clicked the fake youtube video which took me to: http://racecarthings.com/lambocrash/

I'm guessing that too is his site. From the site, talking about the video... "This wreck happened in September and this in car video has just been released."

Really? Let me click the video so it actually takes me to Youtube. Oh, look at that... "Published on Jan 19, 2015"

HandBanana

Established Member
I haven't been into 1320 vids since 2004.

These days I find myself watching all Youtube
Chris Harris
Shmee150
BrianZuk
SupercarsofAustria
TheSmokingTire
YouCar
Autocar
Cars

Oh and of course Jalopnik till death

Matt Farrah is annoying as shit. He seems to not know wth he's talking about. I do like /Drive though

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I hate how all the videos they post take you to a webpage instead of the youtube link.

There are two factors at play here. Kyle made a long post not too long ago explaining how he's had to make decisions he doesn't like in order to maintain/grow his fanbase and be able to continue providing automotive coverage. One of these was to bring on a few content creators outside the original crew (remember, this started out as just a couple of enthusiasts doing stuff in their spare time) The other, to address the post I quoted, was to shift from YouTube links to sponsored "clickbait" sites. The reason for this is simple, and stupid, and frustrating: Facebook. Since it went public, Facebook has changed its programming to put focus on what makes Facebook money. So, if Kyle posted just links to his YouTube vids, less than 1% of you likers would ever see them. This is something all major FB pages have complained about, from 1320 to George Takai. I have this issue myself with my business pages. I share a photo I took on my photography page, and 5 people will see it. I share a video from a clickbait site, like I did last week, and 500 people will see it. Without me paying a dime in advertising money or sharing/tagging/promoting it in any way. Facebook is literally ruining the pages we all like to follow by withholding the content we all want to see. So if you're going to rant, don't rant at 1320. Rant at Facebook selling out.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
There are two factors at play here. Kyle made a long post not too long ago explaining how he's had to make decisions he doesn't like in order to maintain/grow his fanbase and be able to continue providing automotive coverage. One of these was to bring on a few content creators outside the original crew (remember, this started out as just a couple of enthusiasts doing stuff in their spare time) The other, to address the post I quoted, was to shift from YouTube links to sponsored "clickbait" sites. The reason for this is simple, and stupid, and frustrating: Facebook. Since it went public, Facebook has changed its programming to put focus on what makes Facebook money. So, if Kyle posted just links to his YouTube vids, less than 1% of you likers would ever see them. This is something all major FB pages have complained about, from 1320 to George Takai. I have this issue myself with my business pages. I share a photo I took on my photography page, and 5 people will see it. I share a video from a clickbait site, like I did last week, and 500 people will see it. Without me paying a dime in advertising money or sharing/tagging/promoting it in any way. Facebook is literally ruining the pages we all like to follow by withholding the content we all want to see. So if you're going to rant, don't rant at 1320. Rant at Facebook selling out.

Science!

Kevins89notch

Established Member
They just shared a video of some fat women getting beat by her white trash husband in a parking lot where some people step in, and "save" her. WTF?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Thanks for the detailed answer Hybred. Makes some since and hey, can't blame anyone for wanting to make money.

Appreciate the response though because I really was curious about what was going on. Still think they could scale back the off topic stuff, but at least this answers the "clickbait" esque of their links.

Anyways, as far as his big house and ZR1, click bait sites or not, he's making his money legally and no shame for that.

Users who are viewing this thread