Is anyone else currently on Material Hold?

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
I was told by my salesman on 07/26 that my car was "on material hold, something about the transmission," and I talked to Ford CS this afternoon and they confirmed the material hold, though they couldn't verify whether it was in fact something with the transmission. :cryying:

Anyone else?

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
All orders will show material hold until they are about to be built.

Really? I've called Ford CS several times since ordering (about every 2-3 weeks) and they've never mentioned material hold before today, it was always "unscheduled/processing" and today he said "processing/material hold" :??:

I only recently started pestering my salesman on top of calling Ford CS.

Could this actually be a good thing? As in, they're attempting to schedule it in the very near future?

farmboy90

Established Member
Did you order track pack? I heard that last week, orders without the track pack were put on hold.

Just curious if you ordered the Track Pack....

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Did you order track pack? I heard that last week, orders without the track pack were put on hold.

Just curious if you ordered the Track Pack....

Nope. Just glass roof, recaros and electronics pack. That makes sense then... :( *sigh*

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Patience has never been my strong-point.

Well, I'm gonna go talk to a different dealership than the one I ordered the Shelby about a GHIG Boss tomorrow. I checked it out in their showroom on Saturday and was blown away by the color.

They also have a used (<3800 mile) '11 Shelby w/SVTpp on the lot that they are apparently really trying to move since they had me test drive it which I wasn't expecting. TBH, I was shocked at how unimpressed I was with it. I know it's not a '13 and it was pretty quick but I guess I was really expecting more from it.

The Boss has the recaros/helical diff and cover/floor mats. I've been researching most of last night and all day today trying to talk myself OUT of the Boss. I haven't been able to... If all works out I'll be picking up Boss #1184 tomorrow afternoon/evening.

GSStage2

Established Member
On "material hold" yes, and did order the Track Pack (at least that is what I saw on the dealer's computer)

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
I ordered the track pack on my car 6/13/12 and I am STILL on material hold. So I doubt having the track pack option checked off has helped me at all.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
Ordered a coupe June 9th, but it has not been pulled yet. Same thing -- material hold. It has every option possible minus the side window covers.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
All orders will show material hold until they are about to be built.

Really? I've called Ford CS several times since ordering (about every 2-3 weeks) and they've never mentioned material hold before today, it was always "unscheduled/processing" and today he said "processing/material hold" :??:

I only recently started pestering my salesman on top of calling Ford CS.

Could this actually be a good thing? As in, they're attempting to schedule it in the very near future?

What Boss said is true. All unscheduled orders show material hold. I called for weeks as well and was always told unscheduled/in processing. One day I happened to ask in there were any holds showing. The gentleman replied that yes my order showed material hold but that every order would as I mentioned.

Penemyone

Established Member
@H34D

Sent you a lead on a GT500 a few days ago. Check your visitor box.

10 G37 Vert (F-22)
09 G8 GT (B-2)
07 F-150 S/C (B-52)
99 Stang GT 35th Anniv. Pack (Millennium Falcon)

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
@H34D

Sent you a lead on a GT500 a few days ago. Check your visitor box.

I saw that and I honestly appreciate it. However...

I checked it out when you originally posted it. It has track pack and performance pack. I want a car with the options that I want and I DON'T want those two options. This Boss happens to be spec'd exactly the way I'd order one, down to the color.

I've also begin doubting that my dealer has an allocation. Even if they do I don't expect it to arrive until at the earliest November. Three months waiting on absolutely ANY info beyond "order accepted/processing" and six (or more) months waiting for a car to be built is ridiculous and unacceptable. If anyone is looking for a car @ MSRP that doesn't appear to be getting built unless it's WELL into autumn/winter then PM me for contact info...

/rant

Users who are viewing this thread